Super bowl final play

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The scary thing is, I immediately thought that's the kind of bullsh1t Whiz would pull. He'd try to get cute and throw the damn ball into the box from the one yard line and blow the game. Let me just expound, I'm not against throwing the ball on the 1 yard line, I am however strongly against throwing the ball into the crowded box on a ball that could be easily tipped into an area where there are up to 8 defenders.

See Julian Edelman's last touchdown.

So basically, fock Whiz!!

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

To be fair, this is entirely out of thin air - assuming this team had players anywhere near dependable enough to be a "sure thing" on any play call - regardless of conservative or Sam Wyche style..

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

you're right, Whiz would do some stupid stuff like this too

[​IMG]

4. JCBRAVE

FTR, Seattle has used that play a lot over the years, the Pats CB simply made a helluva break on that ball, didn't help that Ricardo Lockette didn't reach out for that pass the way youre suppose to either.

The play call isn't what got me all worked up, it was making a 4th string WR with very little experience youre first read there, THATs stupid.

5. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

The Hawks had 5 opportunities from the 1 yd line this year where they handed it to Lynch.

He only scored on 1 of those 5.....stuffed the other 4

Just for the record

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

I didn't know the right numbers but yea thats what I was thinking as they came out, Lynch was fighting hard when he got rolling, but in the short yardage situations he wasn't too hot that game

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The standard response is "give it to Beastmode!!!" but the pats would've totally been looking for that. Also there's the issue of the play clock, I think? Dunno atm.. but a painful scene, regardless...

8. Titanvol

Titanvol Rookie

RW has got to get that ball down.. throw it at his knees and you win SB49. Turn and hand it off you win SB49. About the only worse play would have been to punt it in that situation.

9. JCBRAVE

a punt lol? yea that'd be worse

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

They had 1 timeout left. Even if they get stuffed they can call timeout and discuss their 3rd down options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar