Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

subway...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GMITTS, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Moolah:
    $0
    I suppose they would make it cold for you if you requested it. However, I get the grilled veggie and then they put it throught their little rolling oven to melt the cheese and warm the bread, then the lettuce and tomatos go on cold. Seriously, it's worth the drive. Sheesh, I may have to get out of the pajamas and go get me one.

Oh, and Jersey Mikes makes a good cold sub. They are a bit more expensive than the other places, but it's a good sub. I think their mini sandwich is about $4, which is the size of a Subway kid's sandwich. Publix also makes a delicious sandwich.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,666
    Winner!!
    Publix will make you a slamming sammich using any store product of your choice, which includes a selection of Boar's Head products so huge that it makes Jersey Mike pee his trousers. They also have an on-premises bakery that makes the freshest tastiest breads.
    The key is to know exactly what you want..
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,160
    I think all of Penn Station's subs are toasted... believe me, you want them toasted. They're so good. They have fries that are actually semi-healthy as well... they're fresh cut!
  3. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    I've always been a fan of Boar's Head meats and cheeses. In college, we had a place right next to where one of my evening classes was that made great sandwiches with them. It was the first I'd heard of them then, but now most grocery stores carry them. Nice to see the appreciation of quality product actually leading to a spread of that product.
  4. rcarie Tac Head

Moolah:
    $0
    Penn Station is very solid.... However, I find the "Big Kahuna" at Jersey Mikes to be every bit it's equal. As for Subway, I would rather eat my own underwear!:barf: I never eat there unless I absolutely have to! Which isn't very often...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    man I am hungry
  5. The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Moolah:
    $0
    Creeping Cruds, if you make nice at Publix, the manager will deliver to your house! I think I gotta get me another sandwich today after all this conversation about it! All hail to the Earl of Sandwich!
    1 people high five this.
  6. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    I rarely get subs or sandwiches anymore. When I did on occassion hit Subway, I used to snag a BMT with extra cheese. Loved the beef dip sandwich at Quiznos, but they dropped it, so... **** 'em!

My sandwich money now gets dropped on chicken shawarmas. There's a great little shawarma joint down the street from my store. For less than $5 I get a meal that has me satisfied for hours ( i had one for din last night and didn't eat a thing for the rest of the evening... other than a couple of strawberry frosted pop-tarts :) ).

The only drawback for the shawarma is also one of it's best qualities; Garlic! Possibly the stinkiest food ever.
    1 people high five this.
  7. tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $4
    Chicken Bacon Ranch on Italian herb and cheese
  8. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Don't get me started on garlic. In the running for greatest food ever, right behind the larger categories of meat, cheese, and alcohol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.