Starters to see extensive action Saturday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im right there with you, but a few more series of plays is what we need. Our receivers arent there just yet, look too sloppy. Kenny needs to start attacking the ball on comeback routes, so theres more work we can get in.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

That quotes said.. Will not be showing too much. Until everything is opened up week one, I'm not buying anything

3. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

I'd love to think that the Titans are holding back and are set to WOW the NFL in Week 1 with all kinds of Ninja Defensive Schemes, but don't you need to practice these things in game-like situations?

4. Clark

I think the majority of it is base defense and then added pressure and blitzes/looks

Defense doesn't change a whole lot once the base set up is in place. Take this play, add this wrinkle for such and such team and adjust accordingly. What's the match in the field... Who lines up with who and what's the teams strengths.

Lets take the steelers for example. Heres my analysis of what key points are with them.

Hard nose run game, questionable o line. Their running backs go hulk whenever they put on that uniform. I've never seen more no name RBs push the way those cats do. It's crazy. It's like yo the starter went down here comes Johnny blowbob rb from NM state and wow look at him push the pile John! It's friggin ridiculous.

Okay so back to my point, Todd Haley has implemented quick reaction read throws and west coast style plays to get the ball out of big Bens hands quicker. To stop his silly ass from getting hurt so much. So right off the bat, the 10 yards off the LOS for the CBs has to go. They also don't have Wallace threatening deep anymore so we can easy up on that area and hope griffin plays good center fielder. I'd shade the Safetys to Mccourtys side personally.

Their LT, second year Mike Adams gets roasted. So overload his side with blitzes. Ayers/brown, Morgan. Send em all. That dude will crumble.

Their WRs are Sanders and Brown. Both very similar WRs, they also added Wheaton this year. Much like Wallace, but first year, I don't we have to worry that much about him. Sanders and brown (not taking anything from them) are 2's and 3's for most teams. The problem is the QB.

The problem with the offense... They make first downs Consistently by running the ball. Again Every no name RB is the hulk in that black and yellow uni. And when they take their shots, Ben is the god at scrambling and his WRs do wonders on the scramble drill. It's his bread and butter. Extending plays and sending a ball to a wide open guy 9 seconds after the snap. No CB can cover that long. He's also hella big and hard to take down.

Nothing about this offense needs amazing crazy schemes to stop. It's about pin pointing the outlet WR. Getting pressure and shutting down Ben early. Not letting them do the quick WR screens every other play, or when we do, make sure it's planned and the defenses reads are in place with a quick stop or Int.

The thing about playing live fire football is the ability to adjust when needed. The Bengals did a good job of this last week. We started hot, locker looked good. Defense looked alright and then after the first couple possessions they adjusted and we had drop offs on both sides of the ball. Their run game was becoming annoying for us and locker wasn't hitting everything like he did initially.

Sorry that was mad long.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I got my hands on the 2009 Ravens playbook last month, and I was surprised how simple things are. But simple = fast, so makes since to keep things basic.

6. Clark

Exactly. But some of Jerry grays theories on how to play defense are just asinine. 10 yards off is just playing to stop the big hit but let everything under happen and become YAC plays when we can't tackle. That ish needs to go

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

WHEN WILL PRE-SEASON FINALLY BE OVER???? OH THE HUMANITY! BRING ON THE DAMN SEASON ALREADY ENOUGH MEANINGLESS FOOTBALLZ!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. XO

XO Nevada Native

If they can't do it by now, a few more snaps against the Falcons' 2nd and 3rd string isn't going to help.

If they suck now they will suck Week 1 in Pittsburgh but at least they will suck healthy.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Can our CB's hold up man to man?

This is one thing I have not analyzed. However while people are complaining about 10 yard cushions and dinking and dunking us to death, I feel the fan base would be a lot more pissed if they got burned constantly for long TD's.

Hell we were giving those cushions last year and still got burned often.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

So Munchak already basically said we won't be tipping our hand too much.... Vanilla fest again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar