Start Of A New Era,Titans Very Optimistic

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If we get Chris Johnson signed to a long term deal and Kenny Britt can stay out of trouble then Jake will have the foundation of a pretty good offense when he starts.Thing i'm mostly worried about is there not being too much pressure at first and we at least have a decent defense so that he isn't asked to do too much.

2. TitanAtl

TitanAtl Starter

Not really all that fresh when the new head coach was a member of the previous staff, but some new assistant coaches I guess.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

They might have a few holdovers but overall this team is starting with a new approach.We have a new coach,new offense and defense coordinators,a new veteran quarterback followed by a rookie who will lead this team someday soon.

We also have some new faces on defense with a mixture of veterans and rookies making up the new look.Ruud,Smith,Babineaux,Casey,Ayers,Campbell,Clayton,Klug are some of the different players we have leading the defense this year.

The thing i like about things now is this fresh new approach by our new head coach.There is a tough as nails ideal here where the players will all be giving 110 percent to this team or they will be replaced.No longer have to worry about burnt over the hill greybeards taking a roster spot from a more deserving guy just because he is a rookie.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well to me and probably quite a few others tomorrow will mark a new beginning for this team.Started being a fan in '99 when they officially began as the Titans and i've watched probably every game through good and bad seasons.Looking back Fisher came up short a few times but we've had pretty good success overall.Hopefully Munch has the same sort of success and we get back to winning games and making the postseason again.I think Hasselbeck was the best veteran we could get to mentor Jake Locker and in the future i think Locker and Munch's fortunes are tied together.I'm really liking the approach so far and i think Munch is putting together a new way way of doing things that will get us a better outcome than what we've experienced the last couple seasons.Even though it wasn't a glitzy hire and some weren't happy with it i do think we will all be happy with the way things are going to go in the future for this franchise.Both Locker and Munch bring a new way of doing things and a new approach to the franchise that most will really find refreshing.Both of them seem to be the type of people who give 110 percent and never quit until the final bell and thats what we need.I think any team is only as strong as its leader and we know have someone here who is going to be putting a lot of time and effort into making sure that we are doing the best we can do and not settling for second best.We seemed to have made a few changes not only in coaching but also on both sides of the ball on offense and defense.Getting a W tomorrow and then a few months from now bringing in a division title and winning season would be a great start.It may or may not happen but there is hope again and things are looking up for us once more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

I loved that article someone posted the other day about the connection between Palmer and the run and shoot offense. That article and the preseason games have given me confidence in this offense. How can you not like the formations instilled by Palmer that are going to keep the defenses from stacking eight in the box? I truly believe that CJ is going to explode this year if Hasselbeck can get the ball to Britt and Washington on a regular basis. Keeping them honest! Munchak has made it clear they are going to get the ball to CJ through the air as well.

Bottom line....I'm a believer in Palmer and Hasselbeck and we're going to go as far as those two take us. Please God...let Britt stay healthy.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

It feels like xmas eve, I'm so excited!

Is JJ gonna start?

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

This last game against Baltimore hopefully is a taste of what is to come in this new era of Titans football.Hopefully the Ravens game is a blueprint of things to come.We played a very good game on defense and kept the quarterback pressured all day and on offense when teams chose to try and stop our running game we responded with almost 400 yards passing.If we play as well as we did against Baltimore than this team will be very hard to beat on any given Sunday.We played as a team Sunday and dominated not only on one side of the ball but on the other as well.Starting off this new era also with a QB who has thrown back to back 300 yard games and feels good to actually have a veteran QB who can move the chains and give our offense credibility.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In 2008 we were able to fly under the radar then we got to 10-0 and teams started playing us a little differently. We can be great so long as everyone doubts us. And when we do have to make a change, we can't be afraid to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar