Stafon Johnson Article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

agreed.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So what do you guys think will happen?

Pearman will be the #4 RB now, of course... likely on the practice squad. It's pretty rare that two RBs make the practice squad, so it doesn't look good.

Gotta feel bad for the kid. He just can't catch a break.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He'll go on IR for the season, not costing a roster spot.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Don't know why I forgot about this. Good call. He wouldn't have touched the ball in the regular season anyways. 4th RBs never get playing time.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they will PUP him for as long as possible too put off that decision. IR means see ya next year afterall.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

will he get paid?

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

IR does get paid and access to facilities, but cannot train/pratice with team. NFL has some funky rules that are probably there for good reason.

Not sure about PUP, but its all but IR so I guess he would get his contract $$$s.

alternative to those is an injury settlement that would leave him a FA and out on the street.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Read Fisher's quote from the interview:

"This could be eight to 12 weeks, we just don’t know."

Which means, "we don't know". I'd be surprised if he's on the field at all this season.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As bad as we all feel about this guy and his bad luck, did anyone honestly think he'd be playing in a Titans uniform come September? I didn't, not because he can't cut it, but because of how Fisher is with his players he likes. I'm looking at this like he was playing with us now only to showcase his abilities for a team in need of a decent RB. And history has shown us that players coaches like, get the needed reps to show what they can do for other teams. I like the guy, but didn't think he'd be after Ringer's job, or even Blount situational carries. I'm hopping for a speedy recovery, but the dude broke his fibula, and that's up there with a knee injury for his position. He's not coming back in 2010 as a Titan.

10. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I think Fisher was giving him every chance in the world to make the team personally. It's obvious he thinks a lot of him and we know Fisher's history of giving SC guys chances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar