Stadium security/ Conduct policy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sad to hear about the shootings at the Niners/Raiders game. Occurred outside the stadium, but a lot of focus is being placed on the game-day experience.

I'd like to know what most folks are thinking regarding NFL game day safety (as well as LP field), whether current security measures are enough and/or how they might be improved.

I believe stadium security should fall squarely on the shoulders on the hosting city and the home team's organization. I also strongly support the league involvement by instituting a progressive discipline policy that culminates in taking away home games.

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

at some point your on your own

4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

What happened in the Bay was truly awful, but that shouldnt have a damn thing to do with us. We are the friendliest stadium I have ever been to for any sport. Ever. If this leads to a lot of new gestapo rules for us I will be livid, things are too strict as it is.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. I do think, however, that certain fanbases that have a history of violence should be punished to better promote a safe gameday experience.

I've had a problem in the past with how the fan conduct policy has been administered. The texting thing is overboard, but there should be progressive discipline policies to help remove disorderly drunks and others prone to violence. The violent events usually result from escalating conflict. Alcohol is most often involved. If non-violent fans were able to assist in brining security to those areas that would be a productive use of the "texting" policy.

I've long been critical of LP Field's enforcement. I've seen good behaving fans that have spent A LOT of money on the titans get the boot because they retorted verbally to some obnoxious visiting fans. There was no inquiry- they were just tossed. It then became a text battle and it wasn't obvious to the stadium security that was what was going until many well behaved fans were tossed.

I think that the texting thing is a useful tool as long as each host city / franchise oversees a well run enforcement. I think the outcome of those shootings would have been different had that type of enforcement been in place.

6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I plan to come to the 2nd game and my rules for going into someone else's stadium are pretty simple. Don't start any s*** and be respectful. If your team scores, it's OK to stand and cheer but don't turn around, some people see that as taunting. I usually try to strike up a conversation with a friendly adult when I get seated, maybe buy them a beer. Going into a stadium with a F (insert team) tshirt on is asking for trouble.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I've got a solution... stop going to the games. Flame me all you want but the gameday experience is too costly in terms of getting value out of your entertainment dollar(s) and now gameday safety. For the amount of money you spend on tickets, beer, food, parking, etc etc... they should have security outposts on every corner overseeing the crowd control with security ready to step in. You know, they will move the kick offs to protect the players... but what about the fans?

You guys can say LP is safe and for the most part it probably is... but I've been pushed, provoked and called names at two games. (I'm not a season ticket holder) and I've seen a fight break out in the stands of the Raiders/Titans a few years ago and a fist fight out in the parking lot between ravens/titans fans.

I know certain things are inevitable... but I just think I'm gonna stay at home and refuse the feed the machine because until they get hit in the wallets... they wont care.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Needs to be like a prison yard with a sharp shooters stationed around the upper deck. Have a sign that says if you fight you get shot in the head. Now how many would fight then?

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

dude, I'm not going to pay money to get shot in the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar