SportsCenter's Ultimate NFL Team Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I brought up the spelling error because it was funny. I still managed to argue the point. I guess you didn't read my entire post. I responded to every subject on your post.

WTF are you talking about? The difference between the Saints and the 49ers is huge. Why would I hate on a team that is 10-0? Also, the Saints made the playoffs in 2006, and it's no secret that they had a high-octane offense. I'm pretty sure most people expected them to go 11-5 or 12-4 and win at least one game in the playoffs.

2. iQon

iQon Starter

No surprise. If the Titans don't win 10+, the media dismisses us automatically.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2008

I wonder if we'll ever be given the benefit of the doubt that other teams get. Just once, can we have a bad year and not be dropped to the bottom?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let me be the voice of reason here, and analyze the Titans & 49er's. Let's first start by saying, these two teams are quite close in terms of what they can do. I think everyone can agree that up til Vince's great game vs. Arizona that both the 49er's and Titans QB's were each teams weak points. Agreed?

Offenses: Titans gain more chemistry by not adding or cutting anyone significant. Mawae was on the decline, and Crumpler can't catch. Losing Mawae bulks our starting line a few pounds on average which should help the run, and losing Crumpler opened the door for what could be great in Jared Cook.

49er's did basically the same. They didn't improve drastically on offense but did hire Mike Solari as offensive line coach, something long overdue. Also drafting Anthony Davis & Mike Iupati will help big time. Does that mean Alex Smith is going to get it going? Hard to tell, but with a much improved line, he should be an improved payer since last year. But the same can be said of Vince with the Titans.

Defense: Titans had nowhere to go but up from 2009. Cutting the fat by cutting KVB & Kearse won't be a bad thing. Losing Bulluck will hurt, but adding Derrick Morgan will get them where they want to be, as we all know a good pass rush equals a good secondary. Jason Jones and Mike Griffin need to bounce back, and if they do, expect another solid Titans defense.

49er's resigned their best player Patrick Willis, but that wont help anyone, drafting S Taylor Mays will.

Both teams have taken steps to improve their special teams play. The 49er's hired a new coach, and signed Ginn. Titans did much of nothing other than drafting a WR they hope can do enough not to lose them games.

From where I'm sitting, neither team did much of anything to prove their doubters wrong. I'd have the Titans over the 49er's since Tennessee did go into last years match-up needing a win and leaving with one. Both teams should make a strong push for the playoffs this season. Luckily for the 49er's they don't play in the AFC South.

4. RavensShallBurn

Updated teams 8-1. Horrible rankings.

As much as I hate the Ravens, they're way better than #7. They have the Super Bowl champion, Saints at #5... that's disrespectful. They have the Cowboys at #2??? The Vikings are behind the Cowboys even after whoopin' the hell out of them 34-3. That's logical.

5. RavensShallBurn

LMAO they had the Browns, Vikings, Saints, and Eagles ahead of us. All of them were non-playoff teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar