Sports Analysts..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Like:

Troy Aikman - Best game analyst. Thinks about game, and knowlegeable about the game, and generally elightens me. If you're looking for someone to talk about reading defenses and route running, you'll find no one better. He's also too nice. He never criticizes anyone, including his inept partner Joe Buck.
    Mike Ditka - Knoweldgeable, but no ego. Generally just says it like he sees it. has his own opinion.
    Tom Jackson - Sincere in his approach. You can't fake that. Easy to listen too, but does jump on the banwagon sometimes.
    Jon Gruden - Plays it too soft sometimes when critisizing players comes up, but he's aware of everything happening on the field and brings insight into the game. Emphasis on X's and O's.
    Steve Mariucci - Has fun, tells it like he sees it, but sometimes jumps on the bandwagon without doing homework. Hates people who say a qb manages a game. I agree.
    Michael Wilbon - low key approach, but you can listen to what he has to say and have an opinion by the end of it.
    Jamie Dukes -Adds some line knowledge which is rare.
    Steve Young - Very smart, articulate, and generally on the mark.
    Marshall Faulk - Appears to bring insight into playcalling and tries really hard to bring something to show.
    Michael Irvin - Biased to African American players, but also brings some livilness to show
    Deion Sanders - Biased to African Americans, but generally brings emotion to show
    Terry Bradshaw - Brings a raw emotion, like it.
    Jimmy Johnson - Seems to have become soft recently, but very knowledgeable. Could die at any moment.
    Tony Kornheiser - Generally makes discussion more watcheable, but will make you cringe from time to time with his thoughts on hot woman.
    Ron Jaworski - Does a good job of analyzing the offense. Let's be honest, when he's breaking down X's and O's, there's probably nobody better in football.
    Phil Simms - Tends to like the Titans and be titan knowledgeable. A Bit arrogant, but generally has interesting things to comment on. The problem with Phil Simms is that he takes on overly complex situations and gives them almost no analysis whatsover except that it was a missed assignment. At other times he nails it.
    Howie Long - Although he can jump on the bandwagon a lot, I think he's smart and easy to listen to.
    Jim Nantz - Loves Houston, generally Titan supporter, and relatively easy to listen to and points out subtle nuances. Nantz digs real deep for storylines to try and manufacture drama for the broadcast.
    Chris Berman - Loves sports. A bit goofy, but he started it all and the right way. So I like him even though past his prime.
    James Brown - Easy going and easy to listen to
    Curt Menfee - Makes show easy to watch. Good voice.
    Peter King - Generally a little late with his info, but seems to be on the inside and trustworthy. Will give you a story you did not expect.
    Pam Oliver - Gets the sideline story
    Suzi Colber - For Joe Namath alone, awesome.
    Mike Tirico - Likes Syracuse, so me like. Easy to listen to. does his homework.
    Matt Millen - Ok. He's a moron. and He's a walking joke. But he says whatever he feels and I can respect that even though it's a train wreck.
    John Madden - fun to listen to. Sees the game clearly as a fan and coach.
    Greg Gumbel - Calls great play by play. Easy to listen to. He doesn't notice things on the field, matchups or anything else.
    Dan Dierdorf - Generally like his approach and love for the game. Dierdorf does a great job of recognizing great and poor offensive line play. I wouldn't expect any less from a former lineman.
    Dick Enberg - Long standing, over the top at times with descriptions, but good listen.
    Dan Fouts - Smart and Knowlegeable. He's gotten a lot better since MNF.
    Rachel Nichols - Easy to look at and can ask hard questions without getting into trouble.
    Sal Paolantonio - Like and Trust him. always wearing gloves.
    Ed Werder - Track record of solid reporting.
    Ron Pitts - Better as an analyst, but still good.

Dislike:

Adam Schefter - Think he's a fake. Reminds me of the guy that talks to dead people. Just fake and more fake and get his story too late.
    Rich Eisen - Although open and candid, will often jump on the media bandwagon
    Chris Mortenson - Not too bad, but what does he really know? anything?
    Skip Bayless - Super annoying at times, but good television. Terrell Owens non sense has to end.
    Trent Dilfer - Generally moroni, Bald, and hooked on phonics. But like his concept that the qb doesn't have to be the end all.
    Cris Colinwsworth - one word, ego. He's really a product of what Nick Bonaconti and Len Dawson did for him. When he said he was going to be better than Madden, I laughed. Caters to the players more than 50% of the time, so you don't know when he's honest or not. Think's he the guru on official rules when he really doesn't know shiat. Collinsworth is one of the more hated broadcasters in all of football. He goes from knowledgeable to know-it-all rather quickly and you don't want to feel like you're being talked down to.
    Teddy Burschi - Doesn't bring much other than his patriot experience. A waste of space.
    Joe Buck - Feels entitled. One word, ego. Good voice, but generally annoying opinion on all matters including steroids. He will one day mess up and his morals come into question. The day that he tells me something that I don't already know or that a fifth grader couldn't have told me, I'll be impressed
    Al Micheals - good broadcaster, but bias against VY destroyed my opinion.
    Warren Sapp - Never has anything important to say.
    Charley Casserly - Pretty knowlegeable, but generally wrong.
    Jay Glazer - Not really an insider.
    Tony Sirgusa - Hate. Gets spit all over the camera
    Chris Carter - ego, inflated sense of self, and jumps on the bandwagon
    Tiki Barber - Generally useless, but good dresser.
    Merill Hodge - ego, vince hater, and generally moronic.
    Keyshawn Johnson - The network desperately wants to make Keyshawn Johnson the breakout star of the show. It's a mistake. Johnson isn't nearly talker ESPN thinks he is and adds absolutely nothing
    Dan Marino - Totally unpreprepared
    Shannon Sharpe - Does anybody understand what he says. Exciteable, but doesn't speak the same language as the rest of us.
    Michael Strahan - Likeable, but boring.
    Tony dungy - A bit soft, and a banwagon jumper for the most part. But sometimes will add something insightful about the lockerroom.
    Boomer Esiason - He's a bit over the top in his analysis. Shannon Sharpe is occasionally funny, but Boomer laughs at everything.
    Bill Cowher - Bandwagon jumper to my dismay.
    Bob Papa - A bit too wordy.
    Dick Stockton - Perfect Voice for the game.
    Darryl Johnston - The moose likes to talk football.
    Kenny Albert - I like him, but unless there was a graphic on screen, I'd never know what the down and distance is and doesn't even try and call out what the defense is trying to do.
    Joe Theisman - A bit annoying. Knowledgeable, but never tells me anything important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar