Source: Bengals close to bringing back Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let me get this straight. You believe he deserved to lose his job because somebody simply made an apparent allegation after he had already been punished for his proven offenses?

I'm not sure you realize he had already served his punishment for those other offenses you keep referencing. How, in your world, does a person ever demonstrate that they have corrected the error of their ways if a mere allegation is sufficient evidence of guilt for you?

Sheesh. I hope you are never judged by the standards you judge others. On second thought- that may be the best thing that could happen to you.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Dude! He would have never lost his job if he hadn't dug himself some monster hole to begin with! I don't care what the straw was that broke the camels back I care about the tons of straws that were already on the camels back. Got it?!

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

In that it would display a learning disability on the part of our coaches, yes....

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bottom line: Henry give The Bengals a better chance to score. The guy is one of THE best deep threats in the NFL. I don't buy the "cancer" deal either.. ESPN reports that Bengals players didn't want him back - who? Jerome Simpson or Antonio Chatman - guys who just fell further down the depth chart? Chad, TJ, Palmer, Willie Anderson and several other team leaders have been Henry supporters through all this, and he makes their game better to boot..
    Cincy hasn't gone returned to the playoffs not because of "Pac Fever" but because of a crappy D and tons of key injuries..

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Fine let them be better offensively (if Henry can ever make it onto the field that is) but they will NEVER shake this reputation of being a team of criminals and thugs for an awfully awfully long time. I personally can't wait till Henry messes up again so the Bengals look even stupider. See at first I didn't like the rule about teams having to pay fines for their players getting in trouble but now I think it's a great idea. In fact they should call it the Bengal rule since they will probably be the first team to take a fine and they will deserve it for being dumbasses.

6. Riverman

Yeah- I got it. A guy can't change in your world. You get punished for life for some bad decisions. Your decisions are absolute and you will always be judged by your past. You have no way to recover or be accepted. You waive your lifetime rights to due process if you are convicted. A person's suspicion is enough to indemnify you.

Same as mob mentality, witch hunts etc. They never cared "what straw that broke the camel's back" was either.

But I can you tell are obviously a very intelligent person- uhmmmm, I mean dude.

7. Riverman

Church league ball is a great source of players for moral emulation.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bengals have simply and somewhat unfairly been the "ESPN" example for the kind of crap that goes on league-wide. It's a league problem not a team problem. You have Vick, Tank Johnson, PacMan, Ricky and any number of Denver Broncos yet ESPN continues to harp on Cincy..

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What the hell are you talking about? I never said a guy can't change. Did you even read my post or did you just assume I said something so you could make that post?

Yea but the Bengals have multiple players who have been in trouble. They draft guys out of college who they know have problems and it hasn't been working out.

10. Riverman

I read your post- several times. You feel that it doesn't matter that the last allegation (which by the way-was dismissed) resulted in his termination from the team. That he deserved what he got because of the trouble he had been proven of in the past.

What else can be surmised from that position? ANY allegation, whether accurate or not, can rightfully cause a person with a record of conduct policy violations to be terminated. How in your world can a guy ever clear his name or fly right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar