So uhh... about that Jared Cook guy.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You guys ready to give me that one yet?

Again- you can't make plays if you're on the field, and any time Cook has ever had opportunity- he's made plays.

And yet... it took Bo Scaife pissing Fisher off personally in order for Cook to see the field.

Score: Deuce Wayne - 97, Jeff Fisher - 9 (he gets 3 points for every time he gets something right vs me)

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I think only a small percentage of people actually think he sucks or that he shouldn't have been starting for at least the last half of the year so I'm not sure who your talking to. Glad to see him playing well and hopefully he can continue to get better and become a full time starter next year.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh no. There were MANY talking just weeks back about cutting the guy and how he's not playing because he's dumb or doesn't know the playbook... or can't block.

Have been the past 2 seasons.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

A lot of different people are right about issues on this board. Sometimes people just choose to believe the media simply because they're the media. Another guy that should've gotten more playing time was Lavelle Hawkins. He was explosive after the catch and had shiftiness like a DeSean Jackson lite.

Yet Gage continues to see the field.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

That's why I tell people to not count out Vince Young. Young was a better player than Vick before the Philadelphia Eagles happened to Vick. Now he's up for MVP. Vince Young had a big splash but hasn't been allowed to take hold of the offense or to have an offense tailored to his skill set. Despite all that he managed to pull out the best passer rating, highest points per game, and highest yards per attempt while he was throwing on 3rd and long often times.

Vince Young deserves another season

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm thrilled to see Cook get involved. I always felt he could do this. I don't think we owe you anything Deuce. You're a little needy making a thread about this. But I do like that last part about Deuce Wayne - 97, Jeff Fisher - 9. That's probably about right.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you're making something to specifically suit Vince Young, then you'll need a solid No. 2 backing him up. Not some noodle armed washed up scrub. Someone who can mimic what Vince Young generates. I'm sure of it that Vince can lead a team to the playoffs, but I'm not sure he makes it 16+ weeks without missing a game or two.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He's still too inconsistent with too many drops. He needs to be more clutch. But maybe that's what he's learned from Scaife...

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Well the beautifl situation that you have by keeping Young is that you draft a mobile QB. Like a Cam Newton. You have your rookie push and learn from your vet and if he passes him up you play him, if he doesn't you keep him around for a few years as a backup and then you cut him loose for a good trade or draft pick.

We're in the ideal situation if we handle it right.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm happy he's finally showing something. That being said, I'm gonna need more than 1 game to be sold on him as our tight end of the future. Hopefully the next coach gives him more of a chance to play and then we'll see how good he really is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar