So the Jets have 34 Sacks.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

im a man, im 40!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Brett Farve will throw 2 picks. Kerry Collins will throw 3 TD's. Lendale will have a TD. Bironas will have 2 FGs. 34-17 Titans. Game Set Match.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

One of the reasons that you have the number 2 scoring offense is that you haven't played a single top ten defense yet...

Another is that you had two games against TERRIBLE defenses where you ran up the score. If you took those two games down to your average (29 points a game), then you'd have the same exact number of points scored as the Titans...

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I do respect the JETs, they are capable of beating us. Will they? I don't know. If I'm making a prediction, it's that our team takes yours very seriously, and it's a really close, good game. I think our second half stability saves the day once again.

Titans 20, Jets 17

6. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Every freakin week... "it's the Titans haven't played anybody and they haven't met a team like insert team"... It started back with Indy and every team since.. Even last week.. it was "oooohhhh we can run the ball now".... I can't wait to hear the lion fans next week... It's gonna be awesome. Every week the Titans are gonna get exposed....

My analysis... non homerish style

If the jets can stop the run with 7, we have a serious problem... if they commit more than 7 then we should have some success through the air. I think the X-factor is pressure on Farve... he will throw up a punt when getting hit too much (I've watched a few Jets games this year albeit a few were before the magical Mangenius/Farve talk that made him quit throwing picks, so take that with a grain of salt... side note just think if Mangenius had talked to Farve earlier in his career..holy ****.. int free career... Let's not even bring up that the Bills are 28th in Ints and 27th in sacks or that the Rams or 24th in Ints and 14th in sacks... His most impressive feat was not throwing one against the Pats who are tied for 9th in ints but are only 18th in sacks and playing without Thomas who has a quarter of the Pats sacks). If the Titans don't get pressure (which would be a 1st all season, but they haven't faced a line like the Jets... Farve must have no sacks) then they are cooked.

Jets front seven shuts the run down/ no pressure of Farve 27-17 Jets

Jets front seven shuts down run/good pressure 3 plus sacks 20-17 Jets

Commit 8 to stop the run/Sack Farve 3 or more times 27-17 Titans

Commit 8 to stop the run/No pressure 24-23 Titans

Side note... Titans are 2nd in picks (but that's without Mangenius talking to the QB's) and 6th in sacks (playing 5 games without KVB).

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Looks good on paper,thats about it and i'm sure it helps you sleep better at night. But at the end of the day, we're 10-0 and your 7-3 with Miami and New England 1 game back. There's more pressure on you guys to win considering a loss would put you guys right back in a tie with Miami or the Pats and a chance to not even make the playoffs. We could send your season spiraling downward come Sunday....But hey, you still have those stats :ha:

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I watched the Pats game. Congrats,great to see them get beat.

Didn't see anything consistently good from either the Jets or the Pats though.

Coin toss goes the other way your D would have been owned as it was the entire 2nd half.

9. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I'm worried about the Jets (of course I'm always worried about EVERY opponent). The Jets do match up well against us, of course thats what people were saying for the past several weeks. The vikings matched up well, the ravens matched up well, indy matched up well, green bay matched up well, the bears matched up well, and even the jags matched up well. The Jets are nothing new. However, just as every other team, the Jets have a good chance of beating us. But the differance will be turnovers. The Titans protect the ball better then the jets.

I don't see our defense giving up more the 21. However I can see the Jets D giving up their season average 22.

Titans win: 21-17

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

All those sacks and they still give up 22 points a game. Which would put them right in the middle of the NFL's defenses...tied with the Cleveland Browns.

ooooohhhh I'm terrified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar