So The Colts Have The #1 Pick...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Eddyc85, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If I'm Indy,

I trade the #1 pick for a ton of 1sts. Use those 1st to re-power the team. Peyton has atleast 3-4 years left. Say a team like Cleveland wanted him, they could trade 3 1sts (two this year), 2nd, and future 3rd. That would give the Colts 2 1sts in '12 and '13, and then an extra 2nd. With 2 1sts and 2 2nds they should be able to get some young solid rookies in there.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He could suffer an injury tonight.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason that's a bad idea for both Indy and their trade partner is because if Manning does have 3 years left, why use up all those high picks on a guy who wont even be around to see those players develop.....?

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Why wouldn't Manning waive his no trade clause? The Colts aren't close to being good even with him. If you told him he could play in like Denver (and Reggie Wayne is a free agent who would probably follow Manning) a team who's a QB away from doing some big things why wouldn't you?

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

A no-trade clause in Manning's contract is a non-issue. His options would be this:

1) Waive the no-trade clause and get traded to a team that will honor the gigantic contract he currently has.

2) Get cut and have to sign a free agent contract for far less money than his current deal.

Which one do you think he would pick?

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Regardless, though, I feel quite confident that the Colts will draft Luck and keep Manning. Of all the teams in the league, the Colts know better than anyone how having a great quarterback can make up for all kinds of deficiencies in other areas. They can afford to have both on the roster because the new rookie contracts aren't too big and a bunch of money is coming off the Colts' books this offseason (Wayne leaving, etc.).

If Manning isn't healthy enough to start next season, then I think he'll retire. Otherwise, I think the Colts will give him 2 more seasons and develop Luck behind him. I just can't see the Colts cutting or trading Manning.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

According to the Colts owner, Indy fans will have their new head coach by next week

He tweeted this today

"Predict new Indianapolis Colts Head Coach,win 2 Super Bowl Tics! 1 guess only,u must guess by midnight tonight EST,Abby's hatpick! GOOD LUCK"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar