So The Colts Have The #1 Pick...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Eddyc85, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Surprised nobody has started a thread on this but considering they're in our division I figured it's worth mentioning. So what do they do?

I feel like there's two schools of thought.

1. Trade Luck. If you can honestly get 2 or even 3 first round picks along with a few 2nd or 3rd rounders for a totally unproven albeit highly touted player why not? Use those picks to fill some holes and try and make 1 last run with Manning.

2. Trade Manning. Given his age and that he hasn't played in a year you wont get as many draft picks as you would have for Luck but you'd still get a few. I mean look what Oakland gave up for Palmer, and that guy sucks. A team like the Jets, Seattle, KC, Arizona or Denver who can win now but need a QB would easily give 2 first rounders for Manning, no? So you can still rebuild your awful team and still have Luck at QB, you just wont have as many draft picks this way and you're still going into next year with an unproven QB.

One thing that bothered me today was some of the NFL draft related twitter accounts I follow were faulting the Jags for winning today because, "Luck is now going to terrorize you for 10-15 years." Uh sorry, no. We've put up with Manning for all those years, and yea he's for sure terrorized us but we and every now and then Jacksonville were able to rise up and top Manning and reach the playoffs. It's not like we've (Tenn and Jack) have never had success just because Manning was in our division. In 2007 Jacksonville had a Superbowl caliber team and the following year we had one. But I highly doubt Luck will be better than Manning. I'm sure he'll be good but better than Manning? No way. So I say bring him on.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I forgot to throw out my opinion. I'd probably take Luck and trade Manning to the NFC. I'm not as sold on Luck as I was earlier this year but I believe you gotta rebuild. Even if you keep Manning you still have other older players and your team still sucks. Tough decision but I think it's good long term. Besides, on the off chance Luck does turn into an elite QB like Manning/Brady/Brees/Rodgers and Manning doesn't return to his old self and only gives you 3 more years of past his prime football, then you look really bad.

3. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

if im the colts GM... You have to keep manning but i would sign Flynn and trade the 1st overall pick for some extra picks to build the rest of my team.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

If I woke up as the Colts GM, I would trade Manning and the number 1 pick to the Titans for Amano and Griffen.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Why would Flynn sign to be a backup again when he could probably get more money and start?

6. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

uhhhhhhhhh idk?

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Was praying Rams would get 1st. If im the Colts owner, I trade Manning and draft Luck. If teams will give up what cardinals did for Kolb, what would they give for Manning?

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I have heard the Redskins are willing to give up 4, that's right, FOUR first round picks for Luck. If I am Indy, I trade this pick to the highest bidder. It is the most Valuable first round pick probably since the 98 draft

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!!!

Perfect place, you know they want to find someone other than Sanchez, Jets are not in the division and would be playoff contenders with a better QB, not to mention someone in Manning's caliber. I am sure Ryan could get that FO to sell the farm for him too.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I said this in another thread awhile back, assuming Luck is drafted by the Colts, and isn't as good as Manning, our division gets easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar