So guys, about those last two games....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Smashmouth for 3 years??? His first year, Palmer wanted to use a run and shoot. Hass and that offense, on a weaker schedule, went 9-7.

The following year, its Lockers year. However he cant run Palmers offense, its asking too much, especially with no running game (which I will get to in a minute). So Palmer is fired by Munch/Weber. Then, realizing that we need to build a running game to help Locker be successful (something the coaches/front office noticed), so they try to build around the run.

No coach is going to come in here and sprinke pixie dust on this offensive line and make it magical. Levitre has been a disappointment, we find out next year how much the injury played into it. Warmack struggled as well. If thats Munch's fault, then youre entitled to believe that.

Munch and Weber obviously work together, just like all GM's and coaches do. The GM is ultimately responsible for who is signed and let go. (which is why some coaches want GM powers)

When weighing all the options and different scenarios, its not hard for me to understand why TS went this direction, whether you agree with it or not.

If the offensive line problem is the reason you want Munch gone and you think he is to blame for it, then at least you have a reason, whether I agree with it or not.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Yeah man, but he's made some great moves if you ask me and he's been saying all the right things. I understand there is enough blame to go around I guess, but he's been (to my knowledge) the only bright star in the FO, so I will def defend him to the max.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

They didn't impress me one bit. And I agree good fans know how bad both of those opponents were. But that is not my point.

We know that Tommy Boy likes Munch and has a ton of respect for him. So I think he WANTED to give Munchak another shot. But still, you gotta be able to sell it to the fans. Especially with it being his first major decision since taking over.

So my whole point is I do not believe Tommy could've sold bringing back Munch after 5-11, 0-6 in the division, and posting worse records in each successive season to the fans. 7-9 and 2-4 in the division is an easier sell. You're right in that it SHOULDN'T make a difference. But to all but the most scrutinizing fans (such as most of this forum), it does.

To put it simply, I honestly believe those two extra (divisional) losses would've forced Tommy's hand.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You don't need to defend him unless you are suggesting he is perfect.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I totally get your point but disagree that the average fan is a Munch fan or isn't football savvy. Most were not Oiler fans. Most have been PSL holders from the start.

No way can TS point to the finish and polish that turd shiny enough, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

This is my opinion exactly. I'm finding it hard to further convey this, and I see your point SawdustMan, but like TJ said this is a turd that can't be shined enough.

It's a business, and TS wants to win. He knows it just as well as you and I that those last two games were crap shoots and we barely won them. Gosh, when you think about it, it's not even about winning or losing those games. It's about how we looked as a team. We looked bad and because of that I believe we are in this awkward silence here today about Munch's future.

My hunch is that these last two games didn't decide if Munch was fired or not, but how he was going to be fired. Quick and simple with those two loses, or awkward, complicated, and forced behind the scenes.

I do believe we are seeing the latter.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

[​IMG]

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

mods can delete this thread now

kthx lol

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Don't you dare use a gif of my girlfriend to mock me!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

NOPE! lol we are keeping this sucker around for the entire off season ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar