So guys, about those last two games....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Him being an idiot is not too far out of the realm of possibility. The jury is still out, but I'm leaning toward yes right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I can buy into almost everything Munch and DW pitch, except one thing: The firing of our Special Teams coordinator and our Linebackers coach in 2012.

I understand coming off of a pathetic 6-10 year where we were blown out in half our games, you have to make some changes. The only two bright spots on the team were the special teams and our Linebackers, and Munch or our management chose to fire those coaches. Both units took a major step backwards this season, and may have cost us games.

I'm more of a Munch supporter than most on this site, but I need some sort of explanation for this. DW? Anyone?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Those were the only two guys that were not his best friends so when firings had to be made to appease fans those were the guys he let go. This is exactly why I would never hire one of my friends to work under me. Emotion clouds logic and you look for any excuse to keep them around even when they are not performing up to standards. This is one of my biggest knocks on the Munch era.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Been saying that all along, and throughout the season too, I have NO IDEA why he let Bush and Alan go. Fish quickly grabbed Bush and Alan I believe is still on the market. It would be extremely wise to try and at least get back Alan. Ita been nice to get back Bush too....

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes. And who has assembled this player personnel? We are seeing trailing effects of just how chitty reinfeldt was in addition to some less than stellar roster moves by munch and Webster.

Munchak was CLEARLY not ready to be a HC. Especially with a newly appointed GM. They were wrong on Locker. He is EXACTLY what the critics said he was- inaccurate and injury prone. Great character (like Munch) but that doesn't win in today's league. The QB is the most important position in today's league. Locker has had a ligament injury in his shoulder, hip, knee, and foot in the FEW games he's played in.

Munchak needs to admit Locker isn't the answer. (lisfranc's are serious injuries). He won't be as mobile and it's just plain stupid to invest the franchise in a non-mobile QB who can't throw accurately. Munchak also should've been willing to hold his under-performing coaches accountable- after all, that is what he preached.

Webster deserves some criticism on Levitre's health issues and possibly Warmack pick. Matthews deserves criticism on Warmack's apparent slow development.

This franchise is like a perpetual energy cluster f*ck machine.

6. Riverman

High five for effort on going line item with Zoolander. The blatant egocentricity drains my intellectual energy.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wow...really?

8. Riverman

Dictionary.com

I'm amazed at how little effort many are willing to exert to be more correct.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

10. Riverman

GM's responsibility to vet health issues. Webster deserves some criticism along Munchak! especially if he's on publicly endorsing him. (Just part of it). We'd like to think he's perfect but he's only human also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar