Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

So a quick recap of SEC football within the past few weeks...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 9, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,070

I've been saying the Saban departure is inevitable the past year. It is coming. I've heard contradicting Saban goals (rumors)... He wants to win more championships than Bear Bryant, and he wants to win a championship at three different schools.

I personally can't wait until he leaves Bama... it will be hilarious to see fan's reactions.
  2. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $652
    Bama will keep him...money talks.
  3. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,380
    uh oh message board rumors. I guess Bama is in trouble now.
  4. RazorbackTitans Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,969
    What are you talking about? Coaches hate staying on top of the world and maintaining the largest paycheck in the league? :crazy:
  5. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $9,233
    I've gotta agree with DW here... he can go to Texas - better town, same pay... and has the chance to be on top of the world there.

Oh, and be regarded even moreso by others.

It can go either way... but I can easily see him going elsewhere.

He can get paid anywhere... he can, possibly, get another team on top, like Alabama... but Tuscaloosa sucks compared to many places, much less Austin, Texas.
  6. RazorbackTitans Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,969
    Just from a business standpoint.. what would the man have to gain by going somewhere else? Anyway you look at it, it's a gamble. He has Alabama gobbling up all the best recruits.. he has access to the deepest pockets.. I just dont see the incentive.
  7. Passepartout List is Life!

Battle
    Moolah:
    $241
    Alabama has the best recruits. And that they do have the best coaches. Due to that. As more wins mean more money and more better players.
  8. RazorbackTitans Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,969
    You want to go out on top right? I mean.. you want to end your career as a legend in the league.. right? Well he's on track to do that at Bama.. why start over somewhere else?
  9. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $16,014

Yep.

How much money do you think Saban needs? Do you think 4 mill and 9 mill are that different to him? If that's what he cared about- he'd retire now.

Look at all coaches with dynasties.

They hate just "staying the same". Coaches are competitive. They want a challenge.
  10. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $16,014

Exactly.

At this point- to Saban, building his legacy is more important than a "safe" job.

He's known to want to win more championships at more schools. Why would anyone expect him to stay?