Smitty's 2007 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Smitty46953, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I would rather have Jarrett than Ginn. He has open field moves, the size, and HIS HANDS ARE AMAZING! He just lacks top speed, but there have been plenty of great receivers with out that speed.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Gimme Bowe over both Ginn and Jarrett. if without pac hopefully we can sign clements or get revis or hughes.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I really dont see any clear advantage with Bowe of Jarret! Jarrett has WAY better hands, both are big and can run block

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

According to Mayock, Jarrett went to a speed camp and reportedly ran in the mid-4.7s. Personally, I'd rather have Bowe or Meachem. Meachem ran a 4.36 today. Did anyone see what Bowe ran?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i read 4.51, but i didnt see him run live.

6. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

I'd take Meachem over Ginn any day.

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Has anybody else heard that Jarett isnt physical and gets jammed at the line? For some so big You'd think that wouldnt be a problem

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think all these rumors surrounding Jarrett are water under the bridge. I really doubt that jamming bit is true, as we've seen from him in regular season/bowl games what he's capable of doing. Even though Notre Dame had a porous Defense, Jarrett shredded their secodnary like swiss cheese. I think once USC's pro day comes about, things will clear up for Jarrett.

9. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

USC’s Dwayne Jarrett physically has great size and leaping ability. Great corner-route and fade-route runner, especially in the red zone where those routes let him use his vertical ability to its best. Jarrett is considered a playmaker-to-be by many draft analysts. He's a surprisingly good downfield blocker for a receiver of his type, using his hands well and avoiding planting his feet. Jarrett's biggest issues are that he has far from ideal speed, and as big he is, he doesn't play terribly physically. More physical corners will likely be able to shut him down in the NFL. His route-running and coverage judgment skills leave much to be desired as well. Jarrett has also displayed some potential character concerns recently. Rated higher on some boards than Ted Ginn Jr. his lack of ideal speed has him falling on my board:grrhee:

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

WRONG. Even NFL Network exposed it on "Path to the Draft." They showed how USC had to scheme to get him off the line just to get him the ball. Going into all that motion just to get the dude off the line, ridiculous. Man up, DJ.

Having said that, I would take him in the 2nd, a la LenDale, but no way in one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar