Sirmon Asks Titans for Release

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

The fact he knows the defense so well and call the signals makes me believe he will be missed. I would NOT flat out release him. If we can work out a trade, on the other hand, I'd entertain offers. The Chiefs seem like a logical spot. I'd take a 5th rounder. How about we package him and Volek for something??

2. Enoch

Enoch Guest

Hello Ego!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You have been eating up cap space for years with your constant injuries, and last year when healthy YOU SUCKED!

You don't mind competition but you want out. Your a good player, "except that I was hurt and....etc., etc., etc."

3. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

no way we grant him a release

he can play middle & call our def signals ,& back up olbs especially if one goes down with injury ,pardon that thought,but he knows our d better than anyone else,& this will be 2nd year back from acl ,usually takes 2 yrs to really get back to full speed .but in hindsight we should have let him go rams instead of matching offer .& lack of good
    depth has been a giant problem last 2 yrs .i dont know about cap starkilleer but
    how many yrs left & would savins be more next yr .alos everyone is forgetting about reynolds who coaches seem high on.

4. This is Sirmon's last year, and we'd save his $2.4M base salary.

If they can't trade him and he still wants out, they could cut him. They probably don't want him here if he's going to be a malcontent. They'd just have to have another player who can play MLB.

5. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

No Way

peter sirmon would never be a malcontent ,when rams gave him offer we were told he was best pro we had not player ,but work ethic,why realease because u think he could be a malcontent & we lose quality depth ,now if we can pick up a 4h or 5th rd pick in trade ,would we still save cap money starkiller.

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I don't mind Pete doing what he's doing here, it's not like he's all T.O.'ing it. And holding press conferences. He just wants out, and he's being proactive. It's what I would do. And he might be doing us a favor, we get his salary back and use it right away. I have no problem with the front office granting his release, I would of course prefer the team get some form of compensation for Pete. But if that's not possible, then release him right away and we can use the money somwhere else. We could draft his replacement.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i'd rather trade him and get atleast something for him.

8. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

The heck with him if he is unhappy make him play out his contract he will either a step up so he can prove his worth and get out of here for a good deal or he will suck it up and ruin his career. At this point I do not see what worth he has on the market these days he has not really done anything outstanding. So make him play.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I like the idea of pairing him with Volek and getting a third. And maybe 6th or 7th.

10. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

I'd get on the horn to the Raiders...

Volek and Sirmon for ... this year's 2nd and a future mid round pick ... or,

Let's go "All-Madden" a huge package near the draft including these guys FOR: Andrew Walter + ? from them and a swap first round picks... but they'd need to give a bit more than just Walter, add a future 1st or second...
    Could Floyd get it done? ... I dunno after this off-season so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar