Sirmon Asks Titans for Release

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My only compalint was that he went public. That will probably hurt our trade value.

2. titanjay

titanjay Guest

Sounds kind of sad to hear him say that......but....C-Ya pete. He was really good at one time, but I haven't seen the same player since he got hurt.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Guess he didn't watch any film of himself last year....

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

His injury was one of those you dont expect him to be 100% a year later. However, that said, his injury happened in training camp in 2004, so he had a full year to recover. But even if you accept that he wasnt 100% last year and will be a better player this year, I still think Thornton is an upgrade.

5. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Sirmon for PrimeTime Deion Sanders! :brow:

6. you can't trade with a retirement home...

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We'd be lucky to get a 6th for dead-leg Pete.

8. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

id just release him! i want hodge or jackson like no tommorow!!

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't see why anyone would give us anything for him right now. There are plenty of other lb's right now that are free.

On the flip side, we really need to be looking hard at a vet MLB now...

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You have to feel for Sirmon. He was a solid LB before the injury and certainly his season was tainted trying to come back from the injury. Even if he returns to his pre-injury level he will not be making 2.5 million per year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar