Since "The Dark Knight" is coming...

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by avvie, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

haha. Eh. I didn't think it sucked, but it seemed rushed as hell.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

What are you some of your favorite movies? I'm just curious, because I've never really seen you comment on something being something you really enjoy (in movies anyway).

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Let me tell you why I HATE this movie. I wanted to see it so bad after KAMI's reviews. So I watched a bootleg version. When I watched it I thought a part was missing.....we all know what part.... So when I got to the desert I watched it again. Same part missing...lol...not really. Well, over there we dont get a lot of selection on movies and it seemed like every 3 or 4 days someone else was watching it on the only available TV. Then to make matters worse, on the way HOME, on the JET....they played this movie! I have grown to hate it so much!! LOL...sorry, done ranting!

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

In regards to NCFOM,

It's not for everyone. I stand by my opinion that its a masterpiece in my eyes. I'm not bothered by people saying they hate it. It actually speaks to the sort of film it is. It's not conventional, and the post-modernism style can really throw some audiences off (most people who declare the Coen Brothers as highly pretentious, self-indulgent filmmakers will refer back to this movie IMO). This is a VERY hard film to find an audience for; I don't think I've ever seen such a high profile movie garner so many drastically different opinions. It definitely takes some sort of different appreciation for this movie to be enjoyed, I simply can't really put a name to what the hell that appreciation is. All I know is I love the novel and the film.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I wasnt knockin ya Kami.....I grew to hate it. Kinda like A Christmas Story....I hate it SOOOO BAD!

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well, I feel a bit bad that you hated a movie you got excited for based on my recommendation. But hey, I could have pointed you in worse directions...:ha:

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

That movie was awesome. I thought it was good it's just not for everyone.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

City of God, A Clockwork Orange, Meet Joe Black, Primal Fear, Crash, Se7en, The Departed, Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, Into The Wild, American History X, Oldboy, 300 (makes the list for looks alone)...and I'm probably forgetting a lot because it's always hard for me to think of favorites.

But mostly, I like movies that move. Inspire. You know? NCFOM just doesn't do anything for me, in any way. It seemed incomplete, rushed, and far fetched. It was ok. I'd watch it again, but it was a basic crazy man hunts victims movie - while people tried to make it seem deeper than that, but it wasn't. At all.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I feel ya. Some good ones on that list. Props for being an Oldboy fan...

10. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

WOW Gloat, you suprised me. I was expecting Little Mermaid :) JK. I am, however, suprised that you and I (despite most comments you make) have a very similar taste in movies. EXCEPT FOR ... MEET JOE BLACK? Seriously? You really want to go with that one? lol. Eh, to each his/her own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar