Should we draft a QB in the 1st round?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by pettso, Mar 4, 2011.

?
  1. Yes.

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. No.

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  3. Undecided.

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

There is still a good chance that free agency/trades begin before the draft, and that there is a season this year. In the early 90s, the NFL played for a few years without a CBA. The plan needs to stay as is, draft a rookie, sign a veteran when it is allowed.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Even if there wasn't a lockout, I would be fully on board with the idea of redshirting a rookie QB for a year. Now that there's labor uncertainty, it seems like the ideal year to do it. It helps that all the top QBs in the draft need some more development.

I think the Titans need to take a shot on whatever rookie QB they think has the most upside. May as well aim high. The guys who most seem to fit that criteria are Jake Locker and Colin Kaepernick.

Locker would have to be drafted at #8. Kaepernick might be there in round 2, but not for sure.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree.

Best defensive player first.
    QB second round (Mallett & Ponder should be available)
    FA VET QB.
    Fix SS and LG/C problems.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not many people believe this anymore. The growing belief is that as many as 5 QBs will go in the 1st round.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I personally think thats ludicrous. The last time, and only time, 5 QBs were taken in the 1st round was in 1999 (Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Daunte Culpepper, and Cade McNown were all drafted in the first). The 2011 QB Draft Class isn't that great: Gabbert is highly overrated, Newton will get hyped up but needs a couple years to develop, Locker has accuracy issues, Ponder doesn't have the greatest arm-strength, and Mallett can throw the ball far (and that's it). All the QBs have red-flags, they also all have great positives also. 5 QBs in the first round is crazy, I guess there is alot of teams that need a QB bad this year. Personally I only see Gabbert, Newton, and Locker going in the first. But I guess we'll find out on April 28th.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar