Should we be worried that Vince can't throw deep?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ezeblazin, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

I agree, stats at this point are meaningless, he's learning, improving week to week and right now has won a few in a row... I'm not looking for stats, right now I'm looking for growth & improvment which is happening every week and Putting Wins on the board which he has done the last couple weeks, he's coming into his own, give him the time to do so.....

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I thought he looked pretty good Sunday under a blitz on that throw to Wade....

He has also thrown some nice balls across the middle that have been gatored by our TE's.

Very nice ball down the seam to Scaife against Miami...only place it could be put to catch.

Time and repetition will aid his throws...

4. Fry

vince didnt play against miami. believe it or not, that was a collins' throw.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Every wide receiver is covered in the nfl, and all rookies have to learn, you just chuck it when the db and the wr are even, and let your wr go get it. Vince will eventually get used to that. But, look in the mirror, and ask yourself, can our wr's go get it. It's the same old story in TN. We don't have a WR who can catch those kind of balls. And if they can't go get it, we need a mouseketeer type offense where they can break away, and when open, vince hits 'em (like a college offense), and we do not have that either.

6. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

From an outsider:

Young is struggl'n, those who say he isnt are wearing blinders. However, he has made up for those issues in other areas of his play. I see him improving in his long and his pocket acuracy. If he doesnt then the Titans wasted a pick on him. Why you are making it an issue so early in his career, however, is beyond me. He is a Rookie, thus subject to being squashed, beaten, and embarrased until he gets his feet under him.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He's 2-1 as a starter in the NFL, while he should be in his senior year at Texas.

8. Fry

2-2 as a starter.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

One word when it comes to my concern about Vince being able to throw deep
    NONE

10. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Vince can throw deep. As someone mentioned, it is a matter of timing. He has the arm and the accuracy. When you see him struggle with accuracy, it is because the game has not slowed down for him yet. It will. He is also a streaky passer. He sometimes starts slow (but by no means always), but he is the type of guy who can complete 10 straight passes. I saw that spark in the Texans game near the end, but something always seemed to happen to keep him off the field. The horrendous snap on 3rd and 1, the ridiculous incomplete call, pacman's punt return (not complaining about that last one). But it looked like he was really about to get in a groove.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar