Should I make this trade?

Discussion in 'Titan Cup/Fantasy Football' started by Ugadawg86, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Ugadawg86

Ugadawg86 Special Teams Standout

Im offering Tony Gonzalez & the Steelers D/ST for Owen Daniels and the Bengals D/ST. I really need another defense and also have Greg Olsen as a TE. He said he would make this trade if I offered him Gonzalez.
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't really think defenses matter all that much and TE point differentials aren't very large. I don't see this trade really making that big of an impact, in fact, Gonzalez is better than Daniels so it'll probably end up hurting you in the long run.

Just play match ups every week with your defense, that's what I do and it's worked out for me so far.
  3. Ugadawg86

What about Olsen? Could I plug him in and not miss Gonzalez?
  4. The Playmaker

Yeah you can, I just don't think this trade is really going to make that big of an impact unless your league offers a lot of points for your defense. I usually just scan the waiver wire every week for the best match up.
  5. The Playmaker

Basically what I'm saying is, I would trade Tony (even though he's struggling) for a defense. Olsen is good and Daniels is solid but don't really think it's worth it but if you really want a defense then go for it.
  6. Ugadawg86

My league offers pretty good rewards if your defense/special teams has a really good game. In standard leagues the Ravens put up 22 pts and in my league they accounted for 39 pts. The Steelers have done next to nothing and have 0 takeaways, im getting pretty tired of it. I could play the matchups, but there aren't many good defenses left on the waiver.