"Sharpe Has Injury Similar To Dodd's" -- Kuharsky

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

@Jwill1919
    @Deuce Wayne

Would either of you like to wager on Tajaes stats this year?

Had over 500 yards last year. I'll bet he has less this year, with the point being his targets were the product of our poor talent at the position.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bet, bet, bet

Who's man enough to take that action ?

3. meekmode

meekmode Starter

id happily bet on him getting less than 500.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We should have more targets to spread the ball around. I'd suspect 500 is around where he'll stay. But the injury leaves room for doubt, too.

But... acting like that's terrible production is silly.

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

But this thread is about Tajae Sharpe.....

6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

And I'll be looking forward to telling you my thoughts on them as well

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

It's like saying a RB that had 1125 yards rushing for season is a good amount of yards. However it took him 450 carries to do it averaging 2.5 ypc. That's not good production. It's the same with Sharpe. Like I've said before he played and started all 16 games and led the entire team in offensive snaps. That part is impressive for a 5th round pick. But the 500 yards and 32 yards per game and only 2 tds is not.

• Boring Boring x 1
  8. meekmode

meekmode Starter

not many teams have a 4th receiving option get 500 yards so its not likely tajae will get back to that point this season.

perriman, t.williams, john brown and conley did but those teams pass much more than we will also those 4 receivers are much more talented than sharpe.

only chance is if tajae can gets 70-80 targets which isn't going to happen with davis, walker and taylor eating up most of them.

#118 meekmode, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's funny. Everyone is debating Sharpe, but let's be honest...The team has spent the whole off season trying to move on from him and others. KW is gone, Douglas was average as can be, and they now have 3 and possibly 4 options ahead of him. I think it's pretty damn clear they don't feel he is capable of anything other than being a #4

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Id be happy to bet once we know the extent of his foot surgery. I don't recall anyone here saying his numbers were going to be great, I expect more targets for Matthews and Davis better put up gaudy numbers for being the 5th pick. I'd also agree he's less likely to get over 500 yards unless we completely open it up and go spread 75%.

Point being I don't think anyone is willing to make that bet. It doesn't mean he wasn't a productive 5th round rookie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar