Server issues

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

I only use proxys at school to get past the web filter. My schools web filter won't even let me on the Titans and NFL forum. It says it has "Nudity." It will let me in the Lounge and everything else though.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

You know whats funny. I didn't even make this thread. I am having the problem still but I dam sure did not make this thread. I just woke up and seen this. After it took a good 5 minutes to get into the forum. But anyways.. Heres what happens.

I can go through the site perfectly if I use the add on from Firefox that deletes the cookies from the site I'm currently on.. But then when I try and put my username and password in .. it takes ages. Someone has to know whats going on. Ive tried to login on IE , Avant , Opera everything. I use FireFox and have never had this problem ever..

This all started a few days ago when DC said he couldn't get in so I said well give me your password and let me see if I can login. After I put his stuff in it kinda like froze up and didn't let me do anything. I had to close out the browser. Then I reopened FF and went back here and put my info in and it did the same thing.

Could it be that I logged in with someone else's username and the forum didn't recognize it or something? grr.

I still wanna know who made this thread.

DC... :baghead:

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

So, did DC start this thread?

If not, your account is compromised.

If you delete the cookies, then there is no way it will automatically log you on.
    Accepting cookies from gotitans.com and leaving them alone is the way to keep auto-login functioning.

Maybe you have a bit of malware that is filtering your account name, or maybe you have put some bogus "privacy filter" software on that is slowing things down.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Weird..

So in reality you really have two problems. One being the lagging and the other is the unauthorized access to your account.

I'm pretty sure the lagging is in part to the proxy you're using. When using a proxy keep in mind that the maximum speed you'll get is that of the proxy's server regardless of how fast your internet is. If the source of the proxy you're using is dial-up, you'll get 56k speed regardless of the speed which you might have.

Why are you using a proxy in the first place!

If i was you I'd look into solving the unauthorized access thing first.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Omg. The proxy has nothing to do with this. I use the proxy to get into the site with normal speed because when I try and login it takes forever and a day to do anything. The proxy site ( www.proxypunk.com ) is only used for when I'm reading whats going on without any lag. The lag comes when I start Firefox type in gotitans.com and try and login. It logs in fine then it takes around 5 minutes to get off that page to go into the forums main page. If I click log out It lets me go through the forum perfectly with no problems. Why would it be lagging when I log in? It makes no sense. And about DC logging on with my info I let him a while ago to see if he had the same problem with mine. At the time he was the one who said he had the problem. So I tried logging in with his and it froze. I had no problem at all when he told me he had one. Once I typed in his username and password it started. This is retarded.

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

No, proxies cause lag.

These claims about using proxies to get on "with normal speed" are what makes no sense.

What makes you think a proxy should help at all?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Then why do it? I've explained here to you and by e-mail as well as I can that we are looking into the issue. Ewker had a problem a few months back. He was the only one who had it. I worked with him as much as I can and it finally corrected itself.

The server host has no idea of the cause as of yet. I continue to check server loads and feed them any info I can to help them diagnose the problem.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Then who is this? It sounds like it could be a key to the issue if you are logging on and the forum recognizes you as someone else.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Slackmaster your not listening to me. I said I started to use that proxy site to block my IP address so I can even come on here. When I dont use it and come on here normally it still works until I enter my login info. The proxy site has nothing to do with it. Its irrelevant to the issue. And Jeff I did not make the thread. DC must of been on mine and didn't notice it. We both exchanged login info to see if we could login with each others account and it still didn't work.

Just look at this video. This is what happens. I dont know why the sound didn't record but you can still see whats going on. It works perfectly fine when im on the site without my login info but once I put my info in it takes forever.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7Lv1olLF0Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7Lv1olLF0Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

If that didn't work the link is

http://www.youtube.com/v/T7Lv1olLF0Q

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

and you did a damn fine job :yes:

does that get me a beer now:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar