SEC Cuts Signees to 25

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

No need for me to be jealous of Auburn as I have a degree from there and consider myself to have two favorite college teams. It's only that Auburn is a distant 2nd compared to UT for me.
  2. Alex1939

lol this aint my first year post here. Let's predict what next seasons college football thread will look like...

(August-October)
    Deuce Wayne: "The SEC is so overrated. I am going to constantly whine and cry about it for 3 months."

(November-December)
    Deuce Wayne: "So and So hot team (Oregon last year) is miles ahead of the SEC. No SEC team can beat them."

(January-next season)
    Deuce Wayne: "You guys are just conference fans. Conference fans is the dumb. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

You clearly CARE about the SEC because it's all you talk about during college. I don't know how it makes you any better to be a conference hater and a bandwagon jumper on any team that has a chance against the SEC.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I'd imagine the reason for SEC pride is that even the worst SEC teams could beat 90% of other college football teams out there. UT Vol fans rep the SEC simply because they can. If teams in the Big 12 won the last 5 National Titles, I'd bet the UT Longhorns fans would care a little more about the Big 12 as a whole.
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Eddy and DW are so bitter their conference is quickly becoming the biggest joke in the NCAA. Well, DW should be a bit more used to it considering.. $
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

That'd be true if what you're saying had any truth whatsoever to it.

Outside of Alabama and Auburn that entire conference was weak this year.

And that's still a dumb reason for "conference pride". So what? The Pacific West in the NBA could beat most teams... no one is hyping that when their team loses in the playoffs.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Winning back to back to back to back to back National Titles is the only reason for SEC pride that I can think of. That or a lot of SEC fans bounce around from school to school during their college years.
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

How many times do we have to say it? WE DON'T CARE HOW GOOD OUR CONFERENCE IS, JUST OUR TEAMS! I can't make it more clearer than that. Obviously you guys and your template style responses don't seem to get it through your heads.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  8. Alex1939

An SEC team's 12-0 is better than an Ohio State 12-0. FACT.

(at least your conference will finally play a conference championship game)
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

The whole SEC Pride thing is also a nice built-in excuse for going 7-5 vs. 12-0.
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

The whole USC forfeiting their 2004 championship thing, yea that also helps the SEC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.