Season Surprises.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

As I have watched various division previews on the NFL Network and other outlets over the year it is obvious that "Experts" seem to base most predictions on the previous year. Take the Colts for example. The Colts made the playoffs last year therefore they are thought to be good this year. Whereas before last year the Colts were predicted to be terrible because they were terrible the year before.

The predicted order of finish from most "Experts" is very similar to the actual order of finish last year. The consensus at ESPN for instance is that the AFC South will finish in the same order as last year. Yet every year we see teams jump up and fall back. Who will be the surprises this year?

2. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Not sure if this counts as a surprise... But i think the Saints come back strong.

Other than that i think the browns win a few games we dont expect them too.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Titans never get respect, whats new.

If we want respect, we'll have to earn it. Being in a small market no one outside Nashville is talking about a 6-10 team.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

After being the #1 pick last year, I could see KC making the playoffs.

The signing of Alex Smith is so underrated. Sure, he's not amazing - but he puts up decent numbers and doesn't turn the ball over. If Jamaal Charles can have a healthy year, with Alex Smith and Andy Reid - plus a already solid defense... they could make a run. Not to mention they Oak x 2, SD x 2, Clev, Buf, and JAX in their schedule.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think the Cowboys surprise people and win the division. You can only blow the division title the last week of the season so many times until you get it right.

6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

The question of, "WHO DAT?!" has finally been answered .. and the answer is "nobody". :irked:

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Nah. Saints are 10-6 minimum with Payton back. Never underestimate the difference that man makes on the team.

They'll beat the Falcons week 1, but ATL will win that division at 12-4.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah I hate the 'experts' predictions for the season. Seems like every year there will be a few 'experts' that will predict the SB, and they will just pick the same 2 teams that were in it the year before ... seriously? when was the last time that happened.

And a ton of experts at least put 1 of the 2 previous SB teams back in the SB the following year ... its just being lazy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I honestly think that a few of the good 'young' teams last year will surprise by taking a step backwards ... I think that Seattle takes a small step back, and the Colts and redskins take much bigger steps back. I think the Ravens take a big step back as well.

Titans will be better than expected, but I don't think we win the division. Maybe get a WC though.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I agree with both of these. KC still has a lot of great talent and a half decent QB. And I like the Cowboys for the same reason I do not like the Saints. Rob Ryan. Cowboys got rid of that idiot and the Saints picked him up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar