Seahawks open to trade Sherman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

wrong. hes better at man to man.

• Troll Troll x 1
  2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

If LeBeau wants to continue to MAROON our CB's ---- then he's going to need Marshon Lattimore and Corn Elder.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Lebeau's defense plays tons of cover-3. Sherman would be just fine in his system.

If you had the choice of the 5th pick or an all pro CB and the 26th pick I take the proven player and pick. Especially in this draft that doesn't have great top end talent

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Fo sho

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Well his defense last year didn't run very much C3 and that's the concern everyone is speaking on

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...no thank you!

Giving up the 5th for the 26th pick AND giving them...even our worst 3rd means you value Sherman at a top 15 player in this draft. Keep in mind Sherman is getting paid a ton of money (bad for us), is 29yrs old (bad for us), only has 2yrs left on his contract (bad for us) and comes from a D that plays like 90% cover 3 while we probably played the majority in man. Did I mention Seattle wants to get rid of him because he runs his mouth, gets into sideline altercations, blah blah blah. Sound like a JRob kind of guy?

IF we are gonna change to a zone blitz scheme with heavy zone, then you at least get Sherman's best. The problem is, it's only for 2 years. Would you draft a player in the top 15 if you knew you'd only have him for 2 years? I wouldn't.

At BEST you might value him as a 2nd round pick which would mean (for us) swapping 18 and 100 for 26 and Sherman. The one nice thing about this is we still have 2 first round picks. Drop down from 5 to around 10-12 and get a 2nd and our new draft looks like Sherman plus 10, 26, 44, 83.

But again, are we gonna change our coverage style that much, can we reign in Sherman's mouth and attitude, and are we gonna sign him to a new contract? When you are a 29yr old cb, you are not getting better. I think everyone saw how fast Revis fell off his own island. I don't wanna be left holding the bill!

Or how about this crazy idea? Make the trade for Sherman and then trade the 26th pick to the Pats for Butler. Draft a S and you go from one of the worst secondaries in the league to one of the best with...

Sherman, Butler, and Ryan at CB. Butler's contract would be cheapish while Sherman's plays out. Would give you 2 years with an awesome secondary. Of course, you'd also have a ridiculously expensive secondary!

Simpler solution would be to trade down 5 to 10-12 and get a 2nd. Trade back 18 to late round 1 and get a late 2nd. Then trade that late 1st to NE for Butler! Butler and Ryan were NE's starting CB's in the SB so they can certainly play for us. We walk away with a better CB (albeit one we'll have to pay soon), a top 10 pick plus 2 2nds and 2 3rds! Could still add 2 offensive weapons (wr, te) plus a S and ILB to beef up the D!!! Add a nickel, returner, special teams and depth the rest of the way and we are good to go!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

His fathers, brothers, nephews, cousins, former roommate.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm all for trading out of the 5 spot because the value just isn't there. If we can't trade into the low teens then I'd be fine trading as far back as 26 and getting a solid starter for 2 yrs. we would then be sitting in a good value spot to draft a CB.

Trading out of #5 spot has to be Jrobs top priority

9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

C'mon Cleveland, be the Browns that we all know and love and pay way too much to move up to take a terrible QB!

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

I mean that our team is in rebuild mode and looking torwards the future. Sherman is on the backend of his career. He would have more value to a team trying to add that one piece for a sb run, than he would to a team that is trying to just make the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar