Screen game.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I think you are a little bit delusional! He didnt have that many opportunities and the dude can catch very well.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Our screen game has sucked long before we had CJ. It has had nothing to do with him.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The problem with screening to CJ is that usually CJ gets spied by at least 1 Lber on every play. You can't screen to a guy who is being shadowed on every play because the key to the screen is that the defense loses track of the screen guy and thus he is wide open when he catches the ball. I could see using CJ as a decoy and faking the screen to one side and then going back to teh other side and hitting Walker with the screen pass.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

This offense HAS to become more multiple.

With that receiving corps, two decent tight ends, a qb that runs a 4.4, and a back like CJ, defenses should have to be defending every blade of grass.

That is one key this year to me. Locker has to get better at recognizing what a defense is doing pre snap, and calling an audible into a play that exploits that.

I don't care how good the line is. You see 8 in the box, get us in a pass play.

This offense now had the personnel to potentially do anything well. Let's use it properly.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Jake runs 4.4?

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree. But until Jake shows that he can effectively use those other weapons, teams are going to key on stopping CJ and thus the screen game to CJ remains null and void.

8. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

It's ignorant to say it has nothing to do with him. Maybe there are other issues as well, but CJ can't catch the ball. That is one of multiple factors contributing to a crappy screen game. So, yes, it does have something to do with him.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I just couldn't make myself reply to TWW2 when he said CJ can catch the ball very well.

Just can't make myself go back and forth with someone who clearly didn't see the easy passes CJ has dropped.

10. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

In 2009 CJ posted over 2,000 on the ground AND was the teams leading reciever. He dropped quite a few last year because he was trying to run before he caught the ball. It seems like a concentration issue, not bad hands. It should get better with Croom coaching and a strong OLine. I think CJ was anticipating a ton of big hits out in space last year because he took such a beating behind our injured OLine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar