Say Fisher IS fired...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

God I hope not. I would stop supporting the team if we had him.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

You and me both:facepalm:

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Given Bud's tendency to promote DCs, I would think it would be a defensive minded guy, but maybe in Bud's later years he wants to see a more productive Offense.

Defense - Ron Riviera

Offense - Brian (the son) Schottenheimer

who knows ...

4. baloo

baloo Starter

:greedy: I can agree but you would also need a fresh Offensive mind. The playbook seems 10 years out dated. Not to imply gimmicks work in the NFL...well wait....

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

True, who wouldn't stink in Cincy though.

6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

LeBeau is not going anywhere and Adams would never fork over the money to get a guy like Shanahan or Cowher. Greg Williams is a good option and there have to be other young firey assistans out there that won't break the bank. That kind of pattern is working for a lot of teams.

7. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Bud is not going to hire an expensive and all-control HC.

It will be a 2nd and/or 3rd tier HC or hire a HC who is a current OC/DC.

If Jerryworld really loves the Fish and signs him, then I could see Bud signing the son of Bum (IMO).

8. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

If Fisher goes somewhere after he and if he is fired I say he will land in Dallas. I pass on Wade Phillips is our coach

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree, and if we go with a new first-time head coach, he would be among my favorite choices.

It would also help that he uses a 4-3 philosophy.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Realistically, IF Fisher and the staff was cleaned out, here's a list of people they'd WANT to talk to...

Cowher
    Shanahan
    Gruden
    Dungy (although no way he comes back I don't think)

I think Cowher will take the Carolina job since he lives there and wants to be near his family. Shanahan is the odds on favorite for Dallas. It's probably that Fisher and Shanahan take the Washington and Dallas jobs though Fisher could sit for a year.

A more likely list to me would be...not in any order.
    Gruden - Still a young coach, offensive minded (though would likely NOT get along with VY), has won a SB and produced elite offenses at times. VERY tough on players - especially QB's.

Gregg Williams - Defensive minded guy, has contacts with the organization. Has experience being a very good DC and experience as a HC. Makes sense though not a 'sexy' pick.

Brian Schottenheimer - Offensive guru. Very good at creating mismatches offensively and is a creative playcaller. Is currently having an up and down time with a rookie QB but at least is going through the process. Started really interviewing for HC jobs last year. Also has seen first hand how to put together a great staff as he's watched Rex Ryan do it this year. A young and bright guy.

Mike Zimmer - SF's DC?

Mike Nolan - former excellent DC and has experience as HC - though not a very successful one with a young QB.

Mike Martz - Offensive guru though can be a crazy playcaller. Does know how to get the most out of a in space rb ala Marshall Faulk. Do we have a QB who could run his system? While he's won a SB, he also appeared to run the Rams into the ground. Would he sign Bulger and run his system? We might have the WR's.

It's unlikely a Steve Spagnulu would get fired in his first year of rebuilding at Rams, but he's an awesome DC.

Although I wouldn't be happy about it, I would not be surprised if we saw a John Fox get high on the list since he's a defensive minded coach and his offense is centered on strong run game. Sound familiar?

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar