Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Ryobi gas powerd weed eater question ...

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Blazing Arrow, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    Not sure if anyone has one of these but I am losing my mind.

I prime it and can get it to start sometimes. I am borrowing it from a friend but it decided when it will work and when it will not. It will not turn over more times then not but I just do not get it.

Anyone got advice or had experience with it?

My yard is not that large but in two days it is very temperamental Yesterday I broke down and was using a metal rake and pulling the weeds out.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    Gas/oil mix? My father-in-law has a leaf blower that would start and then sputter once I cranked it up until it would die. It about drove me nuts so I emptied the tank and put in fresh fuel and oil and that did the trick.
  2. guitarjunkie Hates the Offseason

Moolah:
    $8
    Have you choked it??
  3. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    It has pretty standard direction on the side. 7x prime, flip to start, pull chain.

It is a 2 stroke ... the only thing I am thinking is the gas/oil mix is old and seperated. It goes for a while when I can get it to start. Once it is going it goes until I stop. Once I stop it will not restart.

I will try refueling and see if that helps.

:grrr:
  4. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    Got it running and it drops both of the blades after 10 minutes and now again will not start after I replaced them! :irked:
  5. World Peace n/a

Moolah:
    $3,659
    Thats what she said.
  6. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    I found the issue. The gas hose was shifted to the wrong side of the tank so it was not pulling gas. I fixed it and now it starts up when ever I want it.
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,667
    You may just have to swing it side to side a lot harder to get it to cut better....

:grrhee:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.