Roy Williams still up for a trade?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nouveaux, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

Someone on ESPN said earlier (I believe it was Merril, but can't remember for sure) that Dallas was looking at trading their #28 pick to Detroit for Roy Williams. That would only happen if Henne was still available. I think it's pretty certain that he'll be there at 24, so why in the world wouldn't we just make that trade (especially if we're looking at WR anyway)? I think RW is one of the few proven #1 guys that we really need.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

whats the deal with Detroit and Roy Williams? they cant get along?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he probably thinks he is better than what he really is.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

williams isn't going anywhere. ESPECIALLY to Dallas. I'm so tired of Dallas. They'll never get the Lombardi trophy because Romo can't get the job done. period. ROMO IS OVERRATED.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Romo and his 33 TD's, and over 4k yards last year is definitely over-rated. Vince and his 15 TD's/2700 yds definitely is not. It would take me about one second to choose which one I'd rather have. I guess this means we won't be going to the SuperBowl for a loooooong time

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

The difference between the 24 and 28 pick is about a middle 4th rounder. If we only asked for a 5th and RW for #24, we'd have a good chance of getting it done, IMO.

7. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

We would be foolish not to do this if given the opportunity. I don't understand why draft picks are given such a high priority as opposed to proven players. I would much rather have Roy Williams than Desean Jackson or Limas Sweed or whoever else might be available at 24.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If the player is proven and reasonably young IMO there is NO reason not to use a draft pick to get the guy. The reason people give draft picks such a high priority is because they live in a fantasy world where they think all guys coming out of college are better than guys already playing in the league.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

salary, but i tend to agree with you. chances are, unless you're in the top ten, that a draft pick will cost less than roy williams for the next five years and there's the potential of him being the same type of player.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Does anyone know if he is going to insist on a new contract if traded?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar