rotoworld/pacman/griffin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

lmfao. Come to think of it Aaron Ross went right after Griffin. Why in the green hell did we draft Griffin if we were going to use him as a CB?

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:ha:
    i also saw that earlier in the AM..
    seeing how everybody was so happy, i didn't want to be the one breaking the bad news..

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Who cares that that played in a SB? That has nothing to do with anything. Champ Bailey has never played in a SB. Would you still take Harper and Herndon over them?

I really want Griff to go back to S, but I also think we should give Lowry a shot. That hit he put on Harrison just makes me think this guy could be the Troy P. for Hope.

4. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Griffin is a better player than Ross...by a pretty good margin. They played him at S at UT because Ross couldn't play S but he could play CB. Still, Griffin got some time at CB in college and did fine there. He has the body for it and the athleticism and speed. Of course, he looked rusty in OTAs. He hasn't played the position much and everyone looks rusty at OTAs. At least wait until TC before saying Griffin can't play CB.

I think he will ultimately be a safety for this team, but like Finnegan, he could prove just as capable at CB (Finnegan played FS in college).

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wait, Ross couldn't play S so they made him play CB? That doesn't make much sense and it usually is the opposite. Most players that can't catch the ball but have other WR traits play CB, and those that can't cover well play S.
    Basically, it takes more skill to play CB than it does Safety. Ross was a top 3 CB in the draft. Griffin might have been top 3 at safety, maybe.
    It's just really dumb to put a guy that has confidence at a certain position in a position where he has no confidence and gets abused by mediocre receivers in camp.

6. smili

smili Starter

I'm not sure I buy the comment that they signed Herndon to take the slot corner spot. That would sit Finnegan down - the spot I felt very confident about among all our CB.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not if Griffin is going to safety, Finnegan could be moved to outside.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

That's what I'm expecting... he has good speed - enough to play on the outside. Although someone pointed out that Finnegan was also a safety in college - could be that Griffin really is going to stay at CB if coaches think they can do the same thing with him. I guess Finnegan might just rotate - Herndon and Finnegan in the slot, and Harper, Griffin, Finnegan and Hill would rotate on the outside. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Griffin in both the CB and the S rotation. Lots of questions, but I like the pool of talent there.

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

It takes more size to play safety though, and Ross doesn't have that. We are talking about college ball here, not the pros. But in either case, I'm sure you realize that not every CB can play S, and the reverse is also true. Griffin can play both. Ross can't. Ergo...

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ross isn't too small. Bob Sanders is 5'8. Ross is 6'1. I think size would be more important at CB than Safety actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar