Roger Clemens Will Be Indicted for Perjury

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Daves not here, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Could you back this up? I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying I'm too lazy to google this.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Absolutely false. It's a fact that anabolic steroids can lead to heart attacks/enlarged hearts.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Don't bother arguing with him. He's a roid user, and like any drug user will discount facts to justify his own use. Plus, he might go into a roid rage and kill you, then blame it on Jeff Fisher.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

My god... heart attacks? That's like saying steaks kill people.

Ok- sure, if you just shoot up nonstop, ok. Yeah, I'm sure it'll kill you. Hell, if you eat enough peanut butter it will kill you.

Testosterone doesn't kill you. It's IN YOU. That's a steroid.

In moderation, steroids are harmless. Just as testosterone is. The problem is- people not knowing what they're doing abusing steroids.

Think about it: How many MLB players have died from steroids? None. Of all the ones that were taking them... none died. Isn't that odd to anyone? Perhaps it's because they had trainers and experts that knew what they were doing?

Steroids are like anything else. Drink too much beer and you can get alcohol poison. Is it likely? No, but you CAN do it. It CAN kill you.

Is it good for you? No. Will it kill you? No more than an energy drink will.

5. Deuce Wayne

1. I'm not a 'roid user'. I was... for 3 months. Outside of that you're speaking to someone that's:
    - Never smoked a cigarette.
    - Never drank a beer.
    - Never takes any sort of medication, not even a tylenol for a headache. (only exception is pain killers due to oral surgery)
    - Never has tried or experimented with any illegal drug.

2. Discount facts? The facts are: your body naturally produces steroids. Show me the fact that steroids kill. Please.

3. Saying steroids kill is as ridiculous as people saying marijuana kills. Is it good for you? No. Neither is a big mac. Can you do it and still be healthy? Yes.

It seems that people are so fearful of EVERYTHING they hear is "bad". Yet, they disregard certain things they do... and act like others are ruining themselves because they're doing one thing that these people aren't.

Your favorite athlete does steroids. I hate to tell you. And he's not going to die from it. Lucky you!

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

OK so you admit it can kill if you abuse them. Which goes back to my original point, why is baseball catching hell from congress because they've had 0 deaths and wrestling which has had over 10 in the past decade because steroids, drugs and painkillers were so prominent and nothing happens to them? I don't THINK congress should be involved but if they must then get involved with the group where people are dyeing not hitting more home runs.

7. Deuce Wayne

Probably because wrestling is seen as strictly entertainment. No one sees those guys as 'role models'... thankfully. It's kind of like wondering why congress doesn't start cracking down on drug abusing actors. (far more than 10 deaths there)

I don't get it either way. They're going to do some form of steroids, regardless of the rules or restrictions. Like NFL players... they'll find something that's not on 'the list', and it's probably no different than anything that is.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

"Got" correctly answered the question "Why is congress involved" last page.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

But actors don't work for a company the same way a wrestler does so it's a totally different scenario.

http://pwinsider.com/article/50134/...-linda-mcmahons-statements-with-necn.html?p=1

Here's a good video I came across explaining it better than I can. Yea they're entertainers but they're are athletes as well so for them to be so unregulated and for them to have had such problems and get no punishment for it, meanwhile baseball is getting hammered, just doesn't seem right at all.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I beg to differ, let me take you back to 1999.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QOvf_pKSE

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar