Robin Williams dead at 63

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SawdustMan, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh yeah sorry I guess when someone hangs themselves its just like someone dying of heart attack at an old age. I'm sure there is no difference in effect to a child...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Alex1939

So just curious, but where do you guys draw the line on mental illness? If someone harms another person, not just himself, does he get a pass because he was mentally ill? Cause I guess it's okay and totally absolves someone of suicide regardless of the effect on family members. I mean what is the difference if the family member also has to deal with murder suicide? Like Sawdust implied, about the same as someone dying of a heart attack compared to suicide? I mean, death of loved ones happens...

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Passepartout

Passepartout March Madness!

Please get help if you or a loved one has suffered from depression or addiction or mental health. It should not be ever taken lightly.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He hanged himself with his wife in the other room, sleeping. That is cruel, IMO.

He could have gone anywhere else and killed himself. He left it to where his wife would find his strangled body. that is sick.

6. nickmsmith

I am not sure why they are calling you insane on this one. Yours is a very commonly held viewpoint.

Both sides have the truth.. RW had a mental illness which made him want to do that..

But also.. HE DID IT. he left his wife and children with the burden of a dead father. Not one by cancer, stroke, heart attack.. one who decided to hang himself at home. That is a huge burden. One I hope to never have to bear.

They will have to explain to their kids why Gpa is not around. And they will have google or something better in the future.

This is very similar to the addict debate.
    Is it the addict's fault they're addicted, and OD, or is it the drug's? The same exact argument.

7. nickmsmith

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...edia-the-dangers-of-sharing-genie-youre-free/

Instead of sentimental drivel about "being free" maybe they should be posting more picture of the devastation it caused, and how horrible of a thing he did.

Mourning the loss is one thing.. Calling it "Freedom" for committing suicide sends the wrong message to idiots worldwide.

Who doesn't want to be free from all their problems, right?!?!

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

The Birdcage was heartwarming as well.

9. Alex1939

I think it's because I've hurt some feelings in some other threads. I am an admitted *******, no doubt about it.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Alex1939

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar