1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Ringer Baffled By Titans Signing of Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Mar 23, 2013.

1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

"Ringer Baffled By Titans Signing of Greene"
    .........so is CJ.
  2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

You do realize it's harder to sustain an average with more carries than to do it sparingly, right?
    • High Five High Five x 3
  3. Titan43

Titan43 Starter

Plus, its not like we are bringing Greene in for his big play ability. We want those guaranteed positive yards from him, whether its 2 yards or 20 yards wasn't the concern here
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, we sure do have some dumb running backs.

Greene was 11/11 on 3rd and 3 or shorter. He moves the chains in short yardage situations and is a solid goal line RB.

So who's getting cut? Ringer or Harper?

EDIT: didn't realize Ringer was a FA now. He might be done.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff Member

I've always liked Ringer. He made the most of his abilities, IMO. But he's coming off an MCL.

Maybe he could be 100% of his former self and maybe not. Either way, Greene is a different type of runner who can do things Ringer didn't when 100%. The Titans desperately need a RB who can pick up the tough/red zone yards. Green is 20 pounds heavier which has to help in those kinds of situations.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. cWb10

cWb10 Practice Squad

I am really liking the signing of Greene. I have never really been a big fan of his,but competition is a wonderful thing. Looking forward to seeing these backs battle for carries.
    That being said , all the other backs comments on his signing, is absolutely hilarious to me!
    I wonder what Harper/ Reynaud are thinking? hmmm
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Ringer over Harper. Harper is completely worthless. A power back with no power.
  8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Wow the dude is clueless then.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

I was baffled over our drafting of Ringer.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  10. Titan43

Titan43 Starter

Ringer could be a good RB on a team like the Pats or GB I think. He wouldn't be expected to do much, but would be able to pop off some 5-10 yarders every once in a while when the D was on their heels ... that's just not what the titans need right now though