Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Right Tackle in 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Dec 29, 2013.

?

Who Will Be The Starter At Right Tackle in 2014?

A high draft pick 6 vote(s) 35.3%
A free agent 5 vote(s) 29.4%
Byron Stingily 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Andy Levitre 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Chance Warmack 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Brian Schwenke 0 vote(s) 0.0%
The FO loses their mind and sticks with David Stewart 4 vote(s) 23.5%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,215
    Probably the most obvious offseason change (Other than not resigning Kenny Britt) is that we will have a new starting right tackle next year. David Stewart is done with the Titans and possibly the NFL as a whole. There are a number of different directions the team can go:

1. Draft: An OT could be taken in the first or second round to become the starter on opening day http://walterfootball.com/draft2014OT.php
    2. Free Agent: There are some good one this year http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=LT&Year=2014
    3. Byron Stingily: A late round project pick from a few years ago got some action at the end of this season
    4. Andy Levitre: Yes yes I know he is an offensive guard. However offensive linemen move around the line all the time. Damian Woody was a longtime center who made an excellent RT. Levitre played some LT early with Buffalo. And he is being paid like an OT
    5. Chance Warmack or Brian Schwekne: See comments on Levitre. Warmack/Schwenke could be an alternative to Levitre if the team wants a more physical presence at RT
    Options 4 and 5 are working on the assumption it is easier to get good guards than good tackles.
  2. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171
    Eugene Monroe or Michael Oher would be my FA options. If not then we definitely need to draft one early.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  3. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171
    Off topic but did you see how bad Levitre got pushed around today?
    titantrusince82, cdubbs2121 and The Hammer high five this.
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,215
    Yeah. Maybe a move to tackle would be better. He can work on DEs and OLBs instead of DTs.
  5. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171
    Yeah he doesn't look good at G at all. I was hoping to see huge improvement in the middle when we got him but he's been a big disappointment. He doesn't seem to have any damn strength out there.
  6. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,461
    Warmack at RT would be comical..
    Fry and JR1980 high five this.
  7. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,231
    That would be funny...Revolving door
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,977
    Starting O-line will be the same cause Munch is back baby!
  8. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171
    I actually think that we will invest even more in the OL.
  9. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,051
    Both of those guys are terrible. Monroe also wants to be a LT. That's why Jacksonville traded him, so they could move Joeckle from RT to LT.