RFA F. Valz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 16, 2013.

?

What would you do with Valz?

1. Put a 1st on him, then sign him if nothing (I know a first is unrealstic, but still...)

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Put a 2nd, then sign him if nothing

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Put a 3rd, , then sign him if nothing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Attempt to sign him long-term for a mid/mid-high level contract

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I have been big on this guy. He is just a beast and very consistent.

According to Profootballfocus.com, Velasco played 843 snaps in 2012 and did not give up a sack. Now thats pretty good. I honestly don't think he was a main reason our interior sucked. Also, I know that you guys often hate on those 'sack' numbers, b/c they can be bogus sometimes. But, again I was a big fan of this guy the past couple years and made it a point to watch him, he's very good IMO.

However, as a RFA, I definitely think we should put a tender on him and see if anyone bites. I'm thinkin, anywhere from a 1st to a 3rd. If we lose him, I wouldn't be too mad, lot of good linemen to be had in the middle rounds. And if we do keep him, then I'm also all for it.
  2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I want us to lock up Velasco on a long term deal as I think that he is a good center that we should be able to keep here relatively cheaply. I would really like us to put a first round tender on him as to discourage any other teams from trying to steal him from us.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Out for a rip

They could pay for him by cutting Amano

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

There is no such thing as a 3rd round tender. The cost of a 1st rd tender is $2.8m, and a 2nd rd tender is $2m. I think he almost certianly gets a first rd tender.
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't want to lose any more pieces. I voted I want to sign him to a long term tender. If we lost him for another 1st round pick I wouldn't be mad. Just want to improve our interior line and get 1 pick before the 4th for defense.
  6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion Tip Jar Donor

Sign the man long term. He was very good last year and has earned his money. Besides we need all the decent players we can get right now.
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

Oline is bad. Losing one of the bright sides of the oline is really really bad.

Sign him long term, he wont demand top dollar.
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

I didn't realize there was so much love for Velasco out there. I really liked what he did this past year but since everyone was so down on the Oline I just kept it to myself.

However I still think the center from Cal would be an upgrade there. Obviously it would be nice to use that pick elsewhere but I really like that guy.