Report: Holt to visit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

GLinks, I was thinking wondering the same thing. If Holt's knee is sound, he should get a deal far better than what Washington got. I think we're expecting too much for him to sign a cheap deal at $5 mil/yr. he's worth far more.

If no team can meet his $ needs, I think Holt could even wait for the injuries to crop up on teams during spring training and preseason, and all of a sudden he becomes some team's "must have" player. I don't see why Holt would value himself anywhere lower than T.O. at this point - plus he's younger, and isn't a problem in the lockerroom.

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

alge can go away...he fumbled in the play off game that would have given us the lead.

anyways...bringing holt in would be good. not for TO or randy moss cash..but something that he is worth. that would give our offense a very good boost!

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Not to hijack this thread...

A quick story I will always remember. Might have been schlereth who told it but it was a while ago on the radio. He said that game 7's (whichever was the final game) rating for the Avalanche in the Stanley Cup final didn't beat out a Broncos PRE-SEASON GAME!!!

Gut

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Two issues. First, apparently TO had only 3 suitors and the smart money is that the Bills were the ONLY team. Hence, the Bills got a single yr deal out of him. I think the problems are that he did have a knee issue so that will already make some teams nervous about a large investment they can't walk away from. Second, Holt is coming into the market too late. It is likely the Titans and Jags are his ONLY suitors. The big money deals came and went. Holt is probably looking at TO and back at himself and thinking he's worth more and for a nice long pay day. Not in this current market at this time.

Neither the Jags nor the Titans are probably offering him the dollar amount, the structure, the signing bonus, or the years he wants. The stupid thing for him and his agent is, it will only get worse.

Teams are not gonna have a spare 8mil cap space lying around during the season just in case they NEED Holt. And after the draft, there will be at least 6-10 WR's who could take away a team could invest in Holt. More quality wr's enter the nfl via the draft and the less Holt on the outside is worth. He needs to come visit the Titans and get a deal done NOW. If he doesn't like the money, he SHOULD do a 1 yr TO-like deal just so he can get some money, keep playing and have a good shot at the playoffs and beyond. Then we could re-up him if he proves his worth or he can go into the market next year at the beginning. The faster he gets a deal done...the better it will be for him!

Gut

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

My man Gut is all over this one. Holt can't expect too much at this point. Sure we'd really like to have Holt, but we don't need Holt.

But damn won't it be great when he does become a Titan.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well we NEED more offensive fire power and seeing as how Holt is the best offensive player we can get right now, yea I'd say we do need him.

I'm sorry how many Superbowls has this team won without Holt?

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I have one problem with Holt, other than he played for the ************** Rams back in SB34. Signing him means less playing time for the Hawk.

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Dude, it was one play. Do you hate Collins for throwing a pick? Do you hate CJ for getting hurt?

Anyhow, the most promising thing at this point is that we're his last stop, as far as really interested teams go. We know it's a matter of money at this point, and if he left Jacksonville without a contract, their offer obviously wasn't so great either. By this point, he should know that we're not pitching the big bucks. What we've got on offer is a presumedly reasonable contract and a winning environment. Titans could really reel him in here.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, well apparently signing Justin Mccareins also meant less playing time for 'the hawk'.

I wouldn't suspect that it takes much to limit his play time.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

If Hawkins has the game to get on the field, he will. If not, then he was a prospect that, like many we have had, just could not get all the parts to work together [feet, hands, brain].

Surely wouldn't be the first one with tremendous potential to whither on the vine with this team.

That being said, I like that guy and I hope he ends up too good to not be put into some clear matchup issues due to his size and speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar