Remember what got you here!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PrimeTyme, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

Vince, please remember what got you here. Using your arm and your legs. It's nice to know that you want everyone to see you are a good pocket passer, but we don't mind seeing those occasional touchdown runs, or you making a team pay for blitzing by running twenty or thirty yards down the field either. If you want everyone to see that you are a good passer, work on the accuracy and reading the coverages so you can complete the passes when they're there, but don't pass up an opportunity to run just because you want to prove you can be a pocket passer. What is it going to take? Do we have to wait until the media says you can't run anymore?

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

C'mon, Prime...haven't you heard? Can't nobody tell him nothin'.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He almost led our team in rushing today. I'm just sayin.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I just wish that we'd rushed more as a team. We're asking Vince to pass too much. He shouldn't be asked to pass 30+ times per game.

5. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

I know, he did have that one nice little run today and I got excited, but you know the kind of runs I'm talkin about. The ones that I started to get accustomed to last year.

6. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

I don't really have a problem with the pass attempts. It does give Vince more opportunities to make something happen with his legs. Granted, he's not taking them so ya we should run more.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I agree with you PrimeTyme. We didn't get him because he is a premier pocket passer, we got him because he can run and make plays happen outside of just standing there and throwing. Today, he just didn't do it. I Know he wants to stay healthy, but he acted like a wuss who was afraid to get hit today.

"Can't nobody tell me nothin"
    Today it looked like he was listening to a lot of people who say you can't succeed as a running QB.

Steve Young anyone??

Anyway, Vince was an embarassment today. a Freaking mess. I don't think that will happen much more though.

But the loser of the day goes to:

Ta Da!!! Brandon Jones. Big (possibly game-winning) drop #2 of the year.
    I seriously think Justin Gage and Chris Davis are better. Roydell too.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

REVISIONIST HISTORY ALERT!!

We got him because the guy who writes the checks saw him win the Rose Bowl. At no point EVER did Fisher, Reese or Chow want Vince Young wearing two-tone blue....they were forced to. In retrospect, that's been a serendipitous fortune for them. Lemme 'splain....

MATT!! COULD YOU COME HERE, PLEASE?.....

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

He's trying to be a quarterback, but as experience comes he will learn when it is time to run the ball. Actually I think this is good for him, especially with us winning and this top 5 defense...

10. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

It seems like he has read too many of Hoge's column or something of that nature. All the talk of "Vince is gonna have to beat people with his arm" has messed with Young a bit I think. He seems like he is just going out and trying to prove them wrong intstead of just playing his game. Last year when he didn't see something he liked or couldn't decipher a coverage he would take off now he is forcing throws like most young qbs would do. I hope that they drill in his head this week to not be afraid to run it. Youngs ability to run basically won the Jax game. The gaping holes were because a LB was assigned to Young it seemed on every play. Once people stopping worrying about Young beating you with his legs, the run game suffers and he becomes an average to below average quarterback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar