Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Remember Myron Rolle?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Feb 12, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,380
    Riverman and The Hammer high five this.
  2. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $1,208
    And then once he started playing, no one wanted him again.

But nice story anyway.
  3. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,380
    Yeah but I just found it interesting how coaches treated him differently than other players or maybe he just blew it out of proportion/exaggerated, but he doesn't seem like a guy who would do that.

The guy could've been a really good player, not sure what happened.
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,872
    Thanks for posting man. This is really good.

This part makes me laugh a little:

But Rolle soon realized his coaches were not treating him like other players. Instead of discussing football with him, they spoke to him as if he was some kind of a curious specimen rather than a football player. "The conversation wasn't ‘Hey Myron, I like the way you got on the hash mark, backpedaled, found the receiver in a Cover 2.' It was more like ‘Myron, so how do you know President Clinton?'" a reference to a trip he took to Africa with the former president and others as part of the Clinton Global Initiative. "The coaches and general managers, they wanted to ask me about how I felt about health care in the United States right now. Going for the Rhodes, it really put a label on me that was hard to shake, and frankly I don't think that I did shake it."
  5. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,339
    I think the year away from football really hurt him, he was a very solid Safety at FSU before being drafted.
  6. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,872
    He was not very fast and did not have smooth hips. Could not change direction well.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  7. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,564
    Who could have been a really good player? Myron Rolle? LOL

No

he stunk

and that article is way too long to read, especially since he never played a game.
  8. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,462
    #1 overall recruit in the nation for FSU.

Never did anything except get talked about for how smart he was. Never laid a big hit on anyone and just caught receivers like a teddy bear. Too bad from a football perspective.
  9. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,380
    I remember him in college and he was really good, I wonder if he ever was truly focused on the game while being here.
  10. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,462
    He wasn't really good.