Red Ring of Death? No problem! Free fix!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iQon

iQon Special Teams Standout

They extended this earlier this year for Red Ring issues. I think you have 3 years from the date of purchase now, and they were nice enough to give it to the current owners. They didn't refund anyone for previous fixes though.

Just a little "pro tip" to other 360 owners. Should they refuse to fix the RROD for free due to a warranty? Just transfer ownership online to someone you can trust. Maybe a parent? That renews the warranty another 3 years. Don't overdue it on the same exact system though, because they haven't picked up on that loophole yet. ;)
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

a tip for what it's worth... I place a small fan blowing away from the console at the rear of my ps3. I don't know if it's prevented anything, but I feel good about it. That and I try to power it all the way off when it's not in use. I haven't had any trouble.
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

My cousin once went through 6 Super Nintendo's. He kept spilling pickle juice in them LOL.

If your spilling pickle juice in your XBOX's or PS3's then expect problems.
  4. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

who drinks pickle juice?
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Well my cousin that lives in Mississippi drinks pickle juice, or use to at least. I've seen the Eagles drink it during a game in Nashville a few years back. It keeps you hydrated.
  6. Gunny

so does water...
  7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

RROD is an easy fix, just redo the paste on the heatsyncs and reset the system. I fixed my brother's old unit after my Xbox was banned from Xbox Live for modding, gotta love Microsoft.
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Or just find a box and ship it.

Modding it will basically kill any shot of having them fix it if something does happen to it that your own fix can't help.
  9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Finding a box and have them fix it takes way, way too long and of course modding kills any shot of them fixing it. Breaking the security seals is never a good idea if you don't have a good reason to do so. Even though I can't get on Xbox Live with my modded Xbox I'm still glad I did it.
  10. Gunny

meh Microsoft rip you off anyway. May as well rip them off while you can.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.