RB Shonn Greene visiting Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Mar 13, 2013.

1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Agreed. We need a 3rd down conversion machine. I'd love to see him here.
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

If you don't think adding Greene immediately improves this team you're out of your elfin magic mind!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Green has basically been the back bone of that craptastical jets O. He's hard nose. Can't complain about that pick up honestly.
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

If this is true, it would be an amazing signing...Shonn Greene isn't anything fancy, but he's exactly what we need. A big, cheap RB that can pound that rock in when we need it. The only reason his stats fell off as a Jet is because their passing game was so horrible and they had a pretty shotty o-line. He's an above average power back, and if we can get him cheap this will be a great signing.
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not sure he's going to be all that cheap. He might end up being one of the more expensive FA RBs -- especially since he'll be a backup. It's not like teams are rushing to sign any of the other guys out there.
  6. Ensconatus

4 year 12/15 mil max.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

MAX...and that's a great deal for a player like this. We haven't overpaid a player yet, so I highly doubt we overpay a change of pace back.
  8. Ensconatus

Yea I think that's a solid pay check. Prolly front load a bit of it so he has more reason to come. 5/6 mil this year if we can spare it.
  9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

I'm not sure why he would come here in the prime of his career, coming off back to back 1000 yard seasons.

He's not going to get near the touches he got in New York here or most other places. That said I would not mind the signing.
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

as long as we don't give him "Playmaker" money!