RB Chris Johnson on Schwenke and more

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 7, 2013.

1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

Honestly I don't think it had anything to do with his injury. Even while injured Schwenke had his head in the playbook and was learning while rehabbing. The minute that he was able to play he should have come in for Turner.

This has everything to do with the conservative nature of this organization and staff. They always would rather play it safe, even if the "safe" approach means benching the better player. All things being equal the better player should ALWAYS be on the field for us.
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

lets pretend the reporter didn't do CJ any favors when he/she quoted and wrote this up...
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Thats MOST football coaches, thats not only Munchak.
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Then we can pretend you are capable of objectively judging CJ in any way, shape, or form at any time.
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I'm with you on this one.They were very concerned about starting 2 rookies next to each other and were praying that Turner would get the job done. That's why they gave him every chance to hold his job. Turner was just so bad that they figured "the rookie can't be any worse" and made the decision easy on them.
  6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I agree, but the real tragedy is that they cut Velasco to save a marginal amount of money for Turner. Velasco knew our system and was WAY better than Turner. That was a mistake from our FO and coaching staff!
    • High Five High Five x 5
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

agreed
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Starter

He's played alright in Pittsburgh so far
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

some people here think Velasco was the devil....
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sorry but a player needs to be able to apply his training by producing in practice before he's allowed to start in the NFL. I think it would have been a disaster to start him in Seattle having to use a silent count.

If anything, Munch has shown he'll play the best person he has available and isn't afraid to make a switch.
    • High Five High Five x 1