Ravens Tight Defense vs Titans LOOSE Defense.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Ok so while watching the Pats and Ravens game I noticed something huge, when the Ravens were on defense I could literally almost see all 11 players on the screen at the snap..that's playing tight and they beat the Patriots. Why can't we play defense that like? We won today but we gave up over 500 yards of offense and again like last week we had huge holes in the middle of the field because we are loose and just float around in zone coverage with little man coverage. The Ravens were attacking and attacking with wave after wave of assaulting blitzes....that's a good defense. Damn I hate Baltimore but you have to admire how they ball.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Our players aren't talented enough

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You have to have top tier talent all across the board to run a scheme like that. If you fail to get pressure then you get blown open. Fortunately for the Ravens, they are always stacked from top to bottom on defense.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Allowing 30 points on defense isn't "playing tight" or "good defense" IMO. - It's only 4 points less than our "loose" defense did.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I don't know where you come from but where in from 41-30 = 11. Not 4.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I don't know where you're from or what game you're talking about, but drugs are baaad, mkay? I'll just give you the numbers:

Patriots 34 - 13 Titans
    Patriots 30 - 31 Ravens

So the Titans "loose" defense only allowed 4 points more than the great, "tight" defense of the Ravens against the same opponent.

7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

My bad. Thought you were speaking about our defense today.

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

mkay yal.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Give our team a chance. Baltimore has had the same players working together for years.

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I have two words, Haloti Ngata! He pushes Olines with a 3 man front. Give Casey time. Hopefully he will be as dominate.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar