Ravens release TE Todd Heap

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I would not mind seeing mason back as vet leader along with hopefully Matt. I would love to see heap if we can afford him.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mason is 76 catches away from 1000. He might think he has a legit shot at that.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would say coming here would guarantee he doesn't reach half of 76 catches, but Fisher's gone, so who knows.

If Hasselbeck comes there's no reason Mason couldn't catch 76 passes (5 receptions per game).

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I do hope he gets it, it's a pretty exclusive club.

I looked up the leading catchers and Jerry Rice is so far ahead it's ridiculous, I don't think anyone will get that record.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I guess I'm open for Derrick Mason returning to TN.

According to Jim Wyatts twitter --

"WR Derrick Mason tell @560APB he's "not opposed" to returning to #Titans and "my options are open." He was cut by Ravens earlier this week"

""Whoever makes the deal sweet enough for me to come... I just want to play football." -@DeeMason85

I just have some major questions about Derrick Mason. Like for one he's 37 now, and will be 38 mid season. Although last year he still had 61 catches, 802 yards, 7 TDs. Can he repeat that perfomance? Play as the #2 WR next to Britt for a year wouldn't be bad. Put Damian in the slot, and then hopefully he can replace Mason next year.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'd like Mason back. Unsure about Heap. I'm ready to see Cook beast.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't want Heap. If Scaife was our only tight end, we would have to be all over that.

I wouldn't be disappointed to get Heap at all. I'd just be a little disappointed that we didn't use that money on bigger needs.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^ Like SS. I'm still hoping that we sign a SS. After that I'll feel much, much better about our chances in '11.

It's tough to run complex blitz schemes when you have a Safety who can't stay with his man.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Keep in mind that we have always carried at least 3 TE's, normally 4. We only have 2 on the roster at the moment (unless you count the undrafted FA we just signed). If Stevens or Cook go down, we could be in trouble there. I'd like to bring in someone for insurance at least.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

:yes::yes::yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar