Rate my team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by TBaker34, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You better win that league because they all sounds like a bunch of retards. I go defense, kicker last two rounds... Like everyone should.

It's always so funny to see copycats start picking defenses and kickers after some idiot takes one early.

2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Drafted a couple nights ago in a 12 man league, had the 10th pick overall.

QB's: Vick, Rivers, Locker
    RB's: Turner, Spiller, Tolbert
    WR's: A.J. Green, Bowe, Blackmon, Wright
    TE's: Graham, Cook
    Defenses: Chicago, Kansas City
    K: Bironas

My RB's scare me right now...

3. RavensShallBurn

You need some serious help at RB... drop KC defense. There is no need to hold onto a second defense. Pick one up when you actually need it.

Also, why even draft Cook when you have the best TE in the league (better than Gronk IMO)?

Your main course of action needs to be trading Vick for a RB - a good one. Throw in another player like Blackmon or Cook if you have to.

Just find whoever has the worst starting QB in your league. Offer him Vick... see what he'll give up. Just trade him now before it gets too late. You'll be fine with Rivers/Locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Thanks for the help, this is actually the first FF league that I've been in so I definitely could use some pointers. I think some of my picks (Cook, Locker, Wright) were just made because they were still on the board.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You went with way too many Titans, I hope your bye weeks aren't rough.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

How in the hell did you manage to get Brees and McCoy in a 12-team league?

Sounds like you were drafting with a bunch of dolts. Well done.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

RSB gave some good advice. I'd definitely drop KC in favor of a RB. Then you can just plug-and-play via free agency when Chicago has their bye. Aside from the bye, you probably aren't going to be starting KC over Chicago very much anyway. So don't even waste the roster spot.

3 QBs is definitely too many (unless you can start 2 in your league). You have two courses of action here:
    1. You can trade the one with the most value (Vick), which is what RSB suggested.
    2. Wait a couple weeks and see how things shake out with Vick, Rivers, Locker. Then trade/drop one.
    Personally, I'd go with option 2. If you trade Vick and he has a season even close to the one he had in 2010 you'll be kicking yourself all season long. Especially if Rivers and Locker don't live up to expectations. If you were just dead set on making a move now, I'd drop Locker. Sure he COULD have a great season. But how much real money would you bet that he finishes the season with better stats than Vick and Rivers? Point being, don't let your heart cloud your judgment. Fantasy is all about playing the percentages.

Also, there's a very good chance some starting QB is going to go down in the first part of the season. Then all of a sudden one of your guys looks really good to the team that has the injured QB. Of course the QB that goes down could be one of the 3 you have. But that's just a chance you have to take (or at least it's a chance I would take).

You're really solid at WR. No need to change anything there. I agree with RSB that having Cook is a bit of a waste when you have Graham. That said, I'd hold onto both of them for now. Cook is still flying under the radar to non-Titan fan fantasy players. So he doesn't have much value at the moment. But if he has the kind of season we are all hoping he does, then all of a sudden you have two of the top TEs on your roster and some serious trade bait. People are always looking for an upgrade at TE because there's such a huge gap between the top handful of TEs and the rest of them.

Just some general advice since you're new.... I'm not sure how your league is setup (e.g. Do you get points for receptions? Completions?), but from my experience the passing game puts Ws in the record book. Just like in the real NFL. I'll take elite QBs and receivers with crappy RBs over the opposite scenario any day of the week.

8. RavensShallBurn

I went with 4 Titans in one of my leagues... sounds really stupid, but I couldn't pass on some of them.

Kenny fell to 8th.
    Nate fell to 10th.
    Jake fell to 12th.
    Kendall fell to 13th.

Plus, they're all backups and can hold value for someone looking for WRs. And I'm confident all of them will fill in well in a flex spot.

I have Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, and Brandon Lloyd as my starters in this league.

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

My team in that league is

QB: Stafford, Locker

RB: McCoy, Trent, Shonn Greene, Doug Martin, and Donald Brown

WR: Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Steve Johnson, Garçon, Britt(took him in 12th round)

TE: Jimmy Graham
    D: Packers
    K: Bironas

I really like this team

10. RavensShallBurn

Also all very good advice here...

The reason I say dump Vick now is because I personally believe he will get hurt by week 2 or 3.

Maybe keep him for this week and let him destroy the Browns, then trade him. In fact, yes... they play the Ravens week 2. They may actually stab him to death and he won't have any value as a dead man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar