Ranking of Media Broadcasters on Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This list will need some work, with your help of course, so if you see positive or negative comments, or if you have suggested changes, shout it out here. No way to track them all without your support. This what I think the rankings should be. I am sure to be missing some folks. I will add comments as I get them or see them. The more you like Vince Young, the higher on the list you go.

This week....name..... last week

1. Ron Jaworski
    2. Steve Young
    3. Howie Long
    4. Mike Mayock
    5. Skip Bayless - "any other team that passes on drafting Vince Young -- will regret it for a very long time"
    6. John Clayton
    7. Jaimie Dukes
    8. Mike Greenburg - "The instincts of a qb. in all three games this season, Young’s completion percentage has been over 60%." 9-25-07
    9. Sean Salisbury
    10. Terry Bradshaw -"Vince Young has been amazing." 9-26-07
    11. Chris Mortensen
    12. Al Michaels
    13. Peter King
    14. Mike Schlereth
    15. Deion Sanders
    16. Bill Parcells - "He's obviously got a good arm and athletic ability. I think he will cause some people trouble."
    17. Troy Aikman
    18. Steve Mariucci
    19. Tony Kornheiser - "The Stats are meaningless, he outplays his statistics."
    20. Mike Tirico
    21. Mike Ditka
    22. Jimmy Johnson "Well...they shoulda taken Vince Young." 9-23-07
    23. Dick Stockton
    24. Joe Buck
    25. Boomer Esiason
    26. Rich Eisen
    27. Bryant Gumbel
    28. Chris Berman
    29. Joe Theisman
    30. Jim Rome
    31. Phil Simms
    32. Sterling Sharper
    33. Jerome Bettis
    34. Tiki Barber
    35. Keith Olberman
    36. Adam Schefter
    37. Curt Menefee
    38. Chris Collinsworth
    39. Woody Paige
    40. Spero Dedes
    41. Dan Marino
    42. Steven A. Smith
    43. Wickersham
    44. Solomon Wilcotts
    45. James Brown
    46. Allen
    47. Chris Carter
    48. John Madden
    49. Emitt Smith
    50. Daryl Johnston
    51.Tony Siragusa
    52. Marshall Faulk
    53. Terrell Davis
    54. Patrick McEnroe
    55. Mike Golic
    56. Rod Woodson
    57. Fran Charles
    58. Mike Wilbon - "self-absorbed young punk," 9-20-07
    59. Merill Hodge

Honorable mention goes to lee Corso, who may be first ever to jump the Vince Young bandwagon nationally.

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i would agree with the ranking...but Jerome Bettis and Tiki Barber need to be swapped...other than that, you're spot on!

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Pretty sure Skip Bayless should be higher on the list. He's been saying from day one that we would win Super Bowls (plural) with Vince Young.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I find it amusing how Jaws is #1 and Hodge is at the very bottom... when only a few years ago they would argue Vick on espn NFL Match-Up talking 'points out of the passing game' vs. 'MO-bile quarterback'...

good luck with your Vince Opinion Rankings...

novel idea... good fodder for jokes...

apart from that it looks like a complete waste of energy...

yawn..,:sleepy: but if I hear anything on TV... I'll post it...

for the cause. :vince:

5. Nine

Nine Starter

I don't have any specific quotes, but all the Sirius radio guys have been extolling the wonderfulness of VY all week, and marvelling at how quickly he's progressing. From hearing them talk, you'd think he'd had a 300/100 game the other night. ;)

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

In trolling around the league I've noticed a very different tactic from opposing fans regarding Young. Naysayers last season always commented on his throwing motion, lack of accuracy, wonderlic score, etc.

You still hear a little of that, but much more often now, the attacks are character flaws such as bad sport, poor example of a leader, immature, jerk, etc... ya know, sour grapes stuff.

I think football fans are having to admit that Young has what it takes on the field to lead a winning team, so they've resorted to personal attacks.

This is a good sign.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I do think it's hysterical that Jaws is at the top of the list - he used to bug the snot out of me for not ever liking a mobile quarterback. I peed in my pants on Monday when he said "This is what I love about a mobile quarterback!" - I think he said that after the big 1st down pass to Moulds at the goal line... Vince scrambled out under pressure, looking downfield, and then pulled up to make the throw. I never thought I'd hear Jaws say that.

But to have Steve Young and Ron Jaworski praising Vince's poise in the pocket, his accuracy and decision making is great. You could tell they are starting to see what most of us have been seeing - Vince developing into a very good QB much quicker than anyone expected. He's way ahead of where he was last year and still has room to improve... if he keeps it up it'll be scary.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Seems I recall our former QB going through the same thing to a certain degree.

9. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I think Mike Ditka needs to be higher. He was giving VY accolades last year when a lot of people where on the fence. On Sunday Countdown last year that an award segments, Ditka gift to Jaws had something to do with VY and how should just admit that he was good. So however, the list plays out, Ditka needs to be ahead of Jaws.

just my two cents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar