Ranking all 32 NFL head coahes, Munchak too high?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Aug 27, 2013.

1. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...14387420?refmod=yardbar_standard&refpos=art_1

[​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

I know its only Yardbarker and that's basically equivalent of one of us making such a list ha but still as I was skimming down, I was shocked to see Munch @ 22. Was really expecting him in the bottom 3 or 4.

* So if there was a Fantasy Head Coaching Draft. The Titans have the #1 pick, WHO WOULD YOU TAKE?

For me it would have to be one of the Harbaugh's. You can't go wrong with either brother IMO. Both are hard-nose, player coaches, emphasis on Jim. I would probably take Ravens HC John Harbaugh out of all 32 coaches.

I DISAGREE with:

Other surprises for me was to see Lions Jim Scwartz @ 28, 6 spots lower than Munch?! Hmm. I'm not high on Schwartz or anything but those two could easily by swapped IMO.

JEFF FISHER top 10 baby. I know people will probably hate that but hes well-respected and a lot of people outside the Titans brass, seem to think he is a "great coach". I think he is a "good coach" somewhere just outside the top 10.

John Harbaugh outside the top 5? I would have swapped him with #4 Sean Payton.

I would still put Belichick @ 1 ahead of Jim Harbaugh. If your talking resume as a whole no one should be above Belichick currently. If your going for the hottest pick, up-and-coming, soon to be best HC in the new few years - then yeah I would go John Harbaugh @ 1.

Jason Garrett too high IMO. All that talent that he has done nothing with; and hes shown he is a below average Offensive Play-caller as well.

I AGREE with:

Gus Bradley @ 32. Unproven and going to arguably the worst franchise situation outside of Oakland.

Dennis Allen towards the bottom is a given albet unfair since he inherited a completely crap-fest of a roster and he has to now start from scratch with minimal talent at best on the entire roster - and having to chose Pryor as possibly the franchise QB now, that's a tall order to overcome in a few years.

So yeah I don't agree with much of this list, but then again ITS ONE MAN'S LIST and opinion. Just wanted to see what other Titan fans think of this list?

2. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

Granted Munch is nothing Special but seeing him ranked behind Rex Ryan kinda stings....
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

22 seems about right when you look at the guys behind him.

Gary Kubiak is WAY too high. That team has underachieved most of his tenure.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

1. Belichick should be #1
    2. John Harbaugh should be in the top 5
    3. Kubiak rated too high. Fox & Carroll are better coaches.

I agree that Munchak is a better coach than Schwartz. Schwartz's Lions are a very talented roster and sucked last year.
  5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Starter

So basically munch is the worst out of the non new coaches.

Marvin Lewis at 15 is a joke. He's made a career of mediocrity at Cincinnati and that's just fine for them. Belichick should be number one. Why is schiano so high?
  6. Smash

Smash Soccer God

What has Schwarzie done to impress? - his record is 22-42 for 4 seasons. He has the best WR in the league and a bunch of thugs - thugs that HE drafted.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Jim Harbaugh number 1? After two years? Child please!

He is very good but let's give it a little more time. Coughlin is way to low. He and Belichick should be the top 2. Marv Lewis is way way too low. That guy is a freaking miracle worker by making Cincinnati a good team. Lewis should be top 5 at least. The only smart thing Mike Brown has ever done is holding on to Lewis.
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Fisher is too high. That's for damn sure.
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

I still remember talking with some Red Wings fans 2 years ago at a Preds game and they talked about Schwartz as if he was the savior of detroit that would bring them a superbowl. I tried to warn them not to get their hopes up but they would not listen.
  10. amy

amy Starter

A coach shouldn't even be rated until he has coached five years. Within five years, the team can be up, down, and all around.