Quarterbacks in the '11 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 4, 2011.

?
  1. Andy Dalton

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Pat Devlin

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Blaine Gabbert

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Colin Kaepernick

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Jake Locker

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  6. Ryan Mallett

22 vote(s)
    29.3%
  7. Cameron Newton

11 vote(s)
    14.7%
  8. Christian Ponder

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  9. Ricky Stanzi

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I would be fine with this as a 3rd or 4th round pick. The only major knock on Ponder is his health, but as a mid round pick we would not be counting on him to come in and start week 1.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Ponder is my favorite QB in the draft if for no other reason then the fact that he is so very intelligent. Intelligence has always been my favorite aspect in any QB prospect and I tend to put it above a lot of other things when evaluating QB's coming out of college.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ponder's numbers are underwhelming and he was less effective this year than last. Missed the last 3 games and their bowl game in 2009 and missed 2 games this year so he is not as durable as you would like.

Yes he was a great student and is very intelligent and i suspect he will have the best wonderlic score at Indy.

The issue of a mid rd QB pick is that once every team passes on a guy 2 to 3 times the issues that caused him to get passed by sometimes can keep him from being drafted at all. Especially QBs from big schools. Teams tend to have this all or nothing attitude about the position so if his arm is suspect he falls all the way to the 5th rd or beyond.

Can't argue with taking him in the mid rounds though.

4. ItsGonnaHurt

ItsGonnaHurt Practice Squad

I'm up here in Seattle, and I just don't think Locker will make it to the 2nd round. If he's available when Seattle picks, I can almost bet that the Hawks will pick him up. They are a bit nervous about drafting a local, but that seems to be wearing off. Whether they do or not, with Luck staying at Stanford, Locker will go in the 1st round.

5. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

I don't Gabbert because there's too many questions with him not playing in a pro style offense.

Locker/Newton scare me with injury concerns and i agree with all that I don't want another "running QB" we tried that route with an amazing talent and things just didn't work out.

If we draft I don't mind Mallett otherwise I hope we trade for the likes of McNabb or Orton.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I want Cam Newton, the upside is higher than all the QBs in this year's class. He's beaten all the best teams. Has all the physical tools. If not then we should trade down to the bottom of the 1st and take Locker. And if not that then we should take a guy like Kellen Moore in the 3rd or 4th.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just say NO to Cam!

8. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

i want locker to be our pick

mallett has a cannon and has the accuracy to be a NFL QB but he is not a good decision maker and he has to many red flags with intangibles (leadership, possible drug addiction etc)

gabbert has the talent but im not sure he has the accuracy to make it in the NFL. he also has to addapt to a pro style offense and taking snaps under center

newton has great talent but he also has to addapt to taking snaps under center and being in a pro style offense. im also not sure if he has the accuracy to make it in the NFL ether. i dont think newton will be more than a wildcat QB or a version of vick with the falcons because he relies a lot more on his legs than a NFL QB should.

locker has played in a pro style offense and has the arm and accuracy to succeed in the NFL. he has done a lot considering his WRs struggle to get open and when they do get open they have drop the pass. his offensive line gives him zero protection which is why he takes off so much. give him a year to adapt to the NFL game all together and he will have ourselves a franchise QB

if i were to rank the QBs i want i would rake them

1)Locker
    2)Gabbert
    3)Mallett
    4)Newton

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was just checking him out on YouTube and I like what I saw. He could be a pretty good QB

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I also want Cam Newton.

But Mallet fits the city more mallet=hillbilly TN=HillBilly nation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar